Friday, 29 January 2016

Three Days In Bruges!

Hey guys, how are you all today? Happy Friday! :) Today, I'm going to fill you all in on my three day trip to Bruges, Belgium! I went from Thursday to Sunday, 14th to the 17th. I had a wonderful time! Unlike most trips I plan, Bruges was very different. I didn't have 3-5 things planned for each day. I wanted a small break where I could relax and really soak in a new place without all of the rush. One thing I really wanted to do was take a boat tour around the canals of Bruges, but the weather was so stormy in Bruges (It was amazing to listen to in bed at night) that the boat tour companies weren't operating! 
I stayed in the most beautiful place I have ever stayed in my life! Hotel Goezeput is a refurbished 18th Century monastery and just 600m away from the Grote Markt, the main square. The bed was so cosy, there were exposed beams, and I had the best view in Bruges!




As a foodie and a baker, one thing I couldn't wait to do was spend hours gazing through chocolate shops windows and going in to them and be in awe of the chocolate craft Belgium is so famous for! You really have to see for yourself. It's a sensory explosion. Taste, feel, scent, the clear snap of excellent chocolate. And the free samples, oh my god the free samples. Bruges definitely left me inspired to work on my chocolate work in baking! The waffles and fries were gorgeous also. I'm not a jelly sweet person at all, but these jelly sweets exclusive to Belgium called Cuberdons were so so amazing! I still crave them. *sigh*












I am not big on heights at all, but ever since I found out more about Bruges, I was mad to climb Belfry tower! It is 87 metres or 286 feet of steep and narrow stairs with people doing down as you were going up. It was fairly nerve wracking and felt like giving up 36 steps to the top, but I preserved. And it was worth it. So beyond worth it. The views were outstanding. The bell tolled when I reached the windy top of the tower. The most terrifying thing I have ever done, and the most beautiful experience. 







After my feat with the Belfry Tower, I visited the Torture Museum! Which was without a doubt, one of the most interesting museums ever! I love that kind of stuff, and I adore history alot, so the Torture Museum was a big hit with me. It showed different types of torture for every offence from gossiping, fighting, sexual deviancy, public drunkenness, homosexuality, rape and murder. It showed different types of torture in each country throughout the ages. I highly recommend this museum if you're in Bruges! Entrance was only €8.








I call this one ''One fuckboy too many''

Some more photos of Bruges wonderful beauty. :)










And that is my trip to Bruges! It was such a wonderful, beautiful and amazing place, full of friendly and lovely people! With an Old Europe feel, cobbled streets, horse and carriages, amazing food and endless inspiration with natural beauty and history at every turn, I can't wait to return!  I picked the perfect place to relax and unwind after a stressful 2015!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo 
Kim. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment