Thursday, 31 December 2015

The Best of 2015!

Hey guys! I don't know about all y'all, but 2015 has been such an exhausting and testing year. Physically and emotionally. I've also learned a great deal about myself, where I'm going, what I want from life. I'm wiser, and better for it, no matter how much shit was thrown my way this year. I hope 2016 has more adventures and opportunities rapping at my door. I've learned I'm stronger than I thought, I can handle anything that comes my way. You've got to take the good with the bad! Always find the good in the bad, build yourself up, and keep fighting. I'll be talking about what were my favourites in 2015, including music, make-up products and moments!

Childhood favourite Bob Ross. <3

Music
Placebo - Placebo (album)
I have become so obsessed with Placebo this year, I have to choose albums, not just a few songs. I really love their self titled debut album. My favourites from this album are: Bruise Pristine, Lady of the Flowers, Nancy Boy, Teenage Angst and 36 Degrees.


Placebo - Meds (album)
Released in 2006, Meds is probably one of the most recognised Placebo song. Meds is such a wonderful album, I love it so much! My favourites from Meds are: Drag, Meds, Post Blue, Song To Say Goodbye (listen to it, right now!) and Space Monkey.



Born Slippy - Underworld



A brilliant blast from the past! 

Dead - My Chemical Romance


Fifteen year old emo Kimi's band! I have really gotten back into My Chemical Romance back in the day. Powerful music with loads of heart. <3

I Never Told You What I Do For A Living - My Chemical Romance


Mama - My Chemical Romance



Frail Limb Nursery/Purity - Slipknot


From their self titled Slipknot album. Frail Limb Nursery is a 48 second intro to the following song Purity. Fantastic song! Maggot fo' life.

Custer - Slipknot 


My personal favourite off their newest album, .5 The Gray Chapter! Named for the wonderful and late Paul Gray.

Smack My Bitch Up - The Prodigy


Top song to listen to before going out on the lash! Named 'One of the most controversial videos' for its depictions of heavy drinking, drugs, violence, and a full sex scene. Smack My Bitch Up was only shown on MTV post midnight with a warning. Worth a watch (and a listen), if not for the big twist at the end of the video! 

Products
I have already reviewed all of the products listed below. Which you can read if you click on the caption! 

Max Factor FaceFinity

Review here

The Naked Palette 

Review here

Clarins Eclat Du Jour


Review here

Origins Checks and Balances



Physician's Formula BB Concealer


MAC Girl About Town


Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade


Sleek Solstice Highlighting palette


NYX Taupe Blush 



NYX High Voltage lipstick in Dahlia



Moments!

Seeing Slipknot live
I write more about seeing Slipknot live here, if you want to check it out! It was, without a doubt, the best night of my life! Slipknot has been my favourite band since I was 15, and seeing them live was on the bucket list for a long time! When you build up an experience in your mind so much, most of the time, it doesn't live up to your expectations. Not in this case. It was so amazing, and better than I could have ever imagined! I was right in the front row for alot of it. The atmosphere was one of a kind. Korn was the support act, they were also fantastic and got the crowd pumped! Best night, ever! 



Amsterdam
My boyfriend turned 21 this year, and we went to the land of tulips, windmills and debauchery to celebrate! Which I wrote about in depth here. We had the time of our lives! Amsterdam is a wonderful, free, liberating and beautiful city with so much charm. We got to experience the many different aspects of the city, from the stunning, the historical and the sexual. I would go back in a heartbeat. The highlights of Amsterdam from me was the Anne Frank House, where I wanted to visit since I was eight or nine, the cocktail cruise around the city, the markets, the sex museum and Rijksmuseum!





Ireland Vote Yes!
I've written more about the biggest issue this year concerning the Irish people here. On the 22nd on May, record numbers of Irish people got out and rocked the vote for Same Sex marriage, particularly the younger Irish people. The months of campaigning and debating led to this day. Ireland was on the edge of its seat, waiting for the result. On the 22nd of May, Ireland voted an overwhelming Yes to same sex marriage, 62% to 38%! It was a wonderful, beautiful day of love, change and celebration! It's also fantastic to see that the same passion and fight is carried on to fight other issues, such as repealing the 8th amendment!

Working at a bakery 
If you've read my blog long enough or follow me on social media, you'll know my passion for baking. It's my life, my love. I dream, eat and breathe all thing baking. Literally dreaming about assembling a cake and staying up into the wee hours, when inspiration strikes. This year, I finally thought I got a chance to shine when I got a job at a local bakery. I learned so much there. It was a huge learning experience. Though, to say I disliked where I worked. was putting it mildly. I learned, baking is in fact, what I was born to do, I'm good at it. I learned I can work well in a team, though I work best solo. Though I never got credit for my work or so much as a thanks working at Hell Inc. I knew I was good at my job, and as long as I knew it, that was good enough for me!

Irish Blogger Conference 2015
I wrote more in depth about the Irish Blogger Conference earlier this year here. The Irish Blogger Conference this year was on the 30th of May at the Radisson Blu hotel in Dublin. I had such a wonderful day, meeting other bloggers and connecting with brands. There was so much positivity in the room and empowerment. I learned alot listening to speakers such as Sonya Lennon, Timi Ogunyemi, Darragh Doyle, Orla McDonagh, Rob Lipsett, and Alison Canavan. I couldn't believe how much hard work went into this huge event, all down to Emma and Fiona from Cool Events. I can't wait for 2016's Irish Blogger Conference! 


New Tattoo! 
Ending on a short and fun note, in April I got a tattoo I wanted for years! For years I wanted a matching sun and moon tattoo, but I decided to combine the two for a wonderful design! I am in love with it and it's one of my favourite tattoos! I just adore the colours and the sun's expression. 


And that concludes this year's Best Of post! Tell me, what your highlights of 2015? What do you hope for 2016? Let me know below!
Thank you all for reading, and have a Happy New Year!
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

Keep up to date with my latest posts and antics!
Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment