Saturday, 7 November 2015

The Baking Haul!

Hey guys! How are you all doing on this wonderful Saturday? Today, I'm doing a haul post, yaaaay! Not the kind of post you would expect from a beauty blogger, but baking is a huge part of my life, my love, my craft. I love reading and watching other people's hauls, so I thought I would share my own! I bought most of the stuff here from Decobake, which is a baker's haven! I could spend hours there.



Testing out my new dyes
Dye, dye, my darling. I've used plenty of different food dyes in my day, but I find the Sugarflair colour pastes to be the best. At €4.50 a pop, it's a wonderful price, as the colour payoff is fabulous, striking and works wonderfully with fondant, batters, buttercreams and royal icing. A little goes a long way and if you're just starting out, they are a wonderful investment! I can't wait to pick up more.


These patterned edge side scrapers from PME are a cheap and stunning way to add a dramatic flair and texture to your cake, at €6.75 for a pack of four. For an eye catching detail on the side of your cake, simply scrape off the extra royal icing or buttercream and adding even pressure, slowly scrape the edge of your cake for a lovely design.



For anyone working with fondant and/or marzipan, a good polisher is vital! Again from PME, a polisher is wonderful for smoothing out blemishes and cracks that appear when you roll out fondant on your cake. It ensures an even and professional finish to your cake. Like in make-up, a great base is the most important!


When rolling out fondant, a wooden rolling pin just won't do. Too much icing sugar or cornflour is needed to prevent it sticking and the fondant can easily dry out! This rolling pin from PME is made from non stick Polyethylene, and doesn't stick to fondant at all! I bought the second biggest size for more intricate fondant design, but I want to buy the biggest size soon!


I am so excited to try out this cake lace as soon as I can! The Claire Bowman cake lace is a ready made mix, which you spread on a cake lace mat and simply bake, creating a very intricate and stunning lace ready to rock on your cake! 



Now what would be the point of buying cake lace if I didn't have a cake lace mat? Made of silicone, once the cake lace is ready to go on your cake, it'll be very easy to peel off your cake lace and wrap it around your cake!


Fantastic for working with fondant, this professional non stick board has a polished surface for a completely non stick performance. It's perfect for rolling out fondant and making figurines. Like an eejit, I accidently threw out the non stick grip mat, so now it slips around alot, whoops! I'll get a grip mat from somewhere though.


A beautiful finish for any cakes, cupcakes or cookies. The edible glitter dust in hologram silver can be as subtle or as dramatic as you want. I especially love the edible glitter in hologram silver because it truly sparkles when it catches the light!



Such a handy thing to have! Unless you buy it premade, metallic fondants and damn near impoosible to create. With the click twist pen in light silver, it couldn't be easier. Simply click it from the bottom and apply and brush it wherever you want for a metallic finish. Be it as a 'paint' or a pen! 



I got this book at an absolute bargain. I couldn't believe my eyes. A big beautiful hardback book on baking recipes from around the world, down from €32.50 to €10! I adore other countries, other cultures and travelling, it was meant for me! With beautiful photos and step by step methods, I have been absorbed in this baking book, planning out my next baking adventures. It has all the recipes I'll possibly need! 


Last, but by no means least, my very own stand mixer! I've named her Carmen, and she is built like a machine, so robust. ;) I was so proud of this purchase. For yeaaaars, I've wanted my own stand mixer, but I never had the money for one. I saved, and practically skipped into Argos to buy it! It's my pride and joy. She's a fantastic mixer, including a beater, whisk, dough hook and splatter guard, which I'm too hardcore for. With a 800w motor and 6 speed settings, and a 5 litre stainless steel bowl which is so easy to clean. I just love her.

I hope you enjoyed my baking haul, I loved writing about it! Readers/bloggers, if you were to do a haul video on something besides fashion and beauty, what would it be on? Let me know below! 
Thank you for reading, 
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

Keep up to date with my latest posts and antics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment