Tuesday, 17 November 2015

NYX High Voltage lipstick

Hey guys! Remember me? ;) Welcome to my first beauty review in a while! Today, I'll be reviewing NYX's High Voltage lipstick. From the moment I swatched this lipstick, I fell in love with both the shade and the intensity of this lipstick! I picked the High Voltage lipstick in their darkest shade- Dahlia, a deep, dark purple. With a wonderful 22 shades to choose from, there is a massive variety in shades and you'll be sure to find a shade to suit you.


What I love the most about these lipsticks is how amazingly intense they are! The pigmentation is fabulous and they go on very opaque, so one coat should be plenty. Because Dahlia is such a dark shade, I was worried that it would bleed, not stay in place and stick to my teeth. This was not a problem though as it stayed put and hasn't budged since I started wearing it (Which is alot now!) It feels nice and comfortable on the lips and doesn't dry them out in the slightest. The packaging is lovely and sleek. However, the shape of the lipstick makes for uneven application, I'm used to it now, but you do have to be careful when you apply it. There is a subtle vanilla scent with the High Voltage lipsticks, which I really like, it's not overpowering at all!


The staying power is great, and alot better than I expected, lasting around three hours, and when eating. It fades nicely and evenly, fading to a red-purple shade. I really love the finish on these lipsticks, which is a lovely satin sheen finish, which I prefer any day over a matte finish! I am so in love with the shade Dahlia! I can't pull off black lipstick, and this shade is the next best thing, it's a wonderfully dramatic shade and it actually makes my teeth look whiter! I will absolutely be buying the NYX High Voltage lipsticks in different shades.


I give the NYX High Voltage lipstick 9/10, and they cost €7.70 each. I've yet to not fall in love with lip products from NYX!
Have you tried the High Voltage lipsticks yet? What were your thoughts? Let me know below!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment