Friday, 25 September 2015

Budget Brand Focus: NYX

Hey guys! How are you all doing on this wonderful Friday? This is the last past in my mini series focusing on budget make-up brands, and honestly, I have loved doing this series! I might do something similar in the future. Today, I'll be talking about NYX.


Fly With Me mascara- For months I had given up on mascara. Don't gasp and pass out, I did! I had good reason to. No matter what mascara I used, it always smudged under my eyes within an hour. After months without it, I decided to give mascara a second chance. In the spirit of this mini series, I decided to try out the NYX Fly With Me mascara. I was made up! Throughout the days I used it, working in a kitchen, exercising, going out, it did not smudge once! Not only does it not smudge, it doesn't flake or clump. The packaging is all black, gorgeous and sleek. The wand is a ball wand, which is great for definition. It feels lightweight on and I couldn't feel it on my lashes. Fly With Me makes my lashes super long and defined and black. It's really easy to take off with micellar water and a cotton pad. I am so beyond impressed with this mascara and it will be a repurchase! I give it 10/10 and it costs €10.99. 




NYX lip liner- I've heard that these lip liners were good dupes for the MAC lip liners, I've never tried the MAC liners myself, so I can't say for sure! I picked up a lip liner in the shade Pinky, a deep fuschia. I thought it would be a good liner to go under my Catrice lipstick. The pencil is a lovely slim, sleek pencil. I thought this lip liner was really quite hard! I had to apply it pretty hard, I was expecting a softer, buttery pencil that I would have much preferred. As a result, it didn't give the cleanest finish. It felt drying underneath my lipstick. Though it does intensify my lip colour and and makes my lipstick last longer. I give it 6/10 and it costs €6.49. 



NYX Wonder Pencil-
A great versatile and multipurpose product for anyone's make-up bag. The NYX Wonder Pencil has a great array of uses, like lining lips, highlighting the brow bone,cleaning up the brow area, hiding blemishes and I especially love using it to brighten my waterline and making me look more awake and my eyes appear bigger. It's a really nice soft pencil, which makes it easy to apply. I got it in the Light shade, which matches my skintone. I feel these pencils cater more towards pinkish undertones. I give the NYX Wonder Pencil 8/10 and it costs €5.49.



And that is the the final part of my Budget Brand Focus series! I really loved this series! I plan to do something similar in the future, so stay tuned. ;)
Thank you all for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

Stay up to date with my latest posts and antics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment