Saturday, 19 September 2015

Budget Brand Focus- Catrice

Hey guys! Welcome to the third installment of my Budget Brand series. Today, I'll be focusing on Catrice! When Catrice first came to Ireland a few years ago, I honestly wasn't gone on their products. Though in the last few years, I am loving them! Catrice's Prime and Fine primer is a hidden gem. Here are a few bits from Catrice that I've tried and tested for all you lovely Spaghettis and Meatballs (How I Met Your Mother, anyone?)


Prime and Fine eyeshadow base- A great budget eyeshadow base for the price. It's doefoot applicator makes for even and easy application. It's a flesh toned base which gives the eyelids an even base. Its formula is wet and creamy, which is very easy to blend. On its own, it feels heavy, but after you do your eyeshadow, it feels weightless! I use this under any eyeshadow, and it adds light intensity to your eyeshadow. It makes my eyeshadow last throughout the day. I really love the packaging and the applicator. I recommend Prime and Fine eyeshadow base to anyone starting out using eyeshadow or just generally on a budget. Even if you're used to eyeshadow and not on a budget, I think this base would surprise you! It costs €2.99 and I give it 8/10.





Ultimate Stay lipstick- Ahh, I just had to pick up a lipstick, such is my penchant for a beautiful lipstick. In general, I think drugstore brands do fabulous lipsticks! Catrice is no exception. A gorgeous lipstick that won't break the bank. The Ultimate Stay lipsticks have a satin matte finish. I picked one up in the shade IrrCORALbly Pink, a bright fuchsia shade. Though creamy in consistency and comfortable on the lips, I find the formulation a tad too thin for my taste, and I wish it were slightly creamier. The packaging is lovely and sleek. It is such a pigmented lipstick you only need one coat, and lasts around three hours on the lips, if eating and drinking. The smell is so amazing! Like vanilla cake, very very similar to the smell of MAC lipsticks. Speaking of MAC, I think this shade is similar to MAC's Girl About Town shade. If I was to wear Girl About Town on a night out and wary of losing it, I would bring this one instead for any touch ups. It costs €5.49 and I give it 9/10.



Eyebrow Stylist- I thought the Catrice Eyebrow stylist would make the perfect eyebrow product, whether it be for an everyday look or going out. I picked this up in the shade closest to my hair colour, Brow-n eyed Peas. The Eyebrow stylist is a double ended eyebrow pencil, with the pencil on one side and a spoolie brush on the other end. I use the pencil to very lightly fill in my brows or to mark the lines where Anastasia DipBrow should stay in. The pencil is quite firm, which I like and I love the spoolie end, it's so handy when tidying up my brows. The Catrice Eyebrow Stylist costs €2.19 and I give it a 9/10.




And that wraps up the third part of my Budget Brand Focus series! I hope you guys are liking this series as much as I love writing it! Stay tuned next week for my final post of the series!
Thank you all for reading,
Stay fab xo 
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment