Tuesday, 4 August 2015

NYX Taupe blush


Hi guys! How are you all doing today? I hope you all had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend! When you're so white, your skin blinds you (and others) in the sunlight, finding the perfect contour products is no easy task, let me tell you. I heard Grace from Long Hair and Lashes (who's make-up game is always on point) singing Nyx Taupe Blush's praises, I knew I had to give it a whirl! It's a cheaper alternative to what's out there (I'm looking at you, Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow). I've been disappointed in the past, so I really wasn't to love it as much as I do! I felt like giving up on contouring until I bought this! 


The packaging is cheap and simple, but I really liked the embossing on the powder. What I really love about this blush is that it's subtle. It can be built upon, to achieve a subtle, everyday look, or a dramatic night time look. The powder has a soft, lovely texture, with a slight sheen and it isn't chalky at all. It is the perfect contouring bronzer for the palest girl out there. As opposed to products with a horrible orange look that made my face look muddy and dirty, NYX Taupe blush has an ashy grey undertone, that perfectly accentuates and imitates a shadow, giving fabulous cheekbones! 
It is a really pigmented and cool toned blush, perfect for pale skin and cool toned skin. It's such an easy blush to blend, which makes it even easier to use! I apply this using my Real Techniques contour brush right under my cheekbones, the side of my nose, and to a lesser extent, my jawline. I build it more more when I'm heading out. It's not too over the top and it's very natural looking on the skin. I think it makes the perfect contour product if you're pale or starting out contouring. 


The NYX Taupe blush costs €7.49, which is so well worth it! You can buy it in chemists all across Ireland (And if you live in Tullamore, the old Dunne's Stores chemist). I give it 9/10.
Have you tried NYX Taupe blush yet? What did you think? What contour products do you love? Let me know below!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo 
Kim. :)

Keep up to date with my latest posts and antics here:

No comments:

Post a Comment