Monday, 20 July 2015

The Body Shop Blue Corn Silk mask

Hi guys! How are you all today? Today, I'll be talking about The Body Shop's Blue Corn Silk face mask. In my goody bag from the Irish Blogger Conference, I was happy to receive a €10 voucher for Athlone Town Centre. Out of it, I bought the Blue Corn Silk mask from The Body Shop. I use this mask as a weekly treatment and leave it on for 10 minutes. It's recommended for normal to oily skin types. I have combination skin, and during the Summer, I'm more prone to oily skin, especially around my t-zone, and long breakouts on my chin. I needed a new face mask, and I decided to give this a whirl! 


The Blue Corn Silk mask is a three in one mask that cleanses, exfoliates and moisturises. It promises to remove oil, impurities, dead skin cells and to moisturise. The key ingredients in this mask are: Kaolin-  Benefits breakout prone skin. Improves the skin's balance. Reduces the level of pore clogging dirt and impurities, toxins and oil. Blue Corn Powder- Helps to clear clogged pores, buffs away dead skin cells. Firms tightens and brightens the skin. Grapefruit Seed Extract- Acts as a powerful, natural antiseptic. Neem Leaf Extract- Has antioxidant and antibacterial properties. When I use this mask, it has a cooling, tingling sensation, not everyone's cuppa tae, but I love it. It is a dry, clay like mask, much like Catastrophe Cosmetic. Great for oily skin and makes it easy to take off. Its rough, coarse texture makes it fantastic for exfoliation.


A little really goes a long way with this mask. Its thick consistency means you don't need to use a whole lot, so this pot will last me a long time! I really liked this mask. My skin felt like it has gotten a deep clean and it felt properly exfoliated. My skin felt softer, smoother, fresh and calmer. It looked and felt more hydrated and it looked cleaner overall. It felt any excess oil and impurities were drawn out. It is a great mask to throw on if you have normal/oily skin, especially around Summer. It's great to use if your skin feels or looks lacklustre. 
The Body Shop Blue Corn Silk mask costs €19.95 for a 100ml pot. I give it a 9/10.


Have you tried his mask before> What is your favourite face mask? Let me know below!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment