Monday, 27 July 2015

Nicka K New York blush and Hydro lipstick*

Hi everyone! How are you all doing? Today, I'll be talking about the Nicka K New York Colourluxe blush and the Nicka K New York Hydro lipstick! I was lucky enough to receive these beauties from the The Beauty Crowd as their picks as Summer must haves! I seriously want so much from The Beauty Crowd website! I picked out the Nicka K New York Colourluxe blush in Mauve Rose and the Hydro lipstick in Euphoria to try out. First of all, I adore the gorgeous metallic effect packaging on both the lipstick and blush! Talk about photogenic, eh?


So, what did I think of them?

Nicka K Colourluxe blush
The packaging was a little different to what I'm used to. There's a puff applicator on the top for easy application, but I prefer to screw this off and use it as a loose powder. It has a really handy mirror on the top also. This blush comes in six different shades, and I went for something a bit different that my usual pale pinks, opting for a dusty mauve rose shade. Because it's a darker shade, I would use this more at night time, for a darker, more obvious look. Though I'm really quite pale, I love this shade on my skin, and it gives a healthy and warm tone to my face. It has a completely matte finish. Had I opted for a lighter shade, it would be a more understated blush, which would work just as well. The only thing I would say about this blush is that it's not the easiest blush to blend. If you do decide to use it without the puff applicator, be careful you don't pick up too much powder, as a little goes a long way with this blush! I give it a 7/10 and it costs £6.95 or €9.82.






Nicka K Hydro lipstick

Ohhh, I do love a good lipstick, and my collection is rapidly growing. The Nicka K Hydro lipsticks come in a whopping 24 shades, which is fantastic variety! You are sure to find a shade here you'll love. I especially love a dramatic lip, especially a purple shade. I decided on the shade Euphoria, which is a beautiful purple/orchid shade. Euphoria has blue undertones, which goes really well with my pale skin. I am loving this lipstick. The pigmentation is fantastic, and it lasts a long time on the lips. It has a satin finish and a lovely, creamy texture. Jojoba oil is added to these lipsticks, which makes them so hydrating and moisturising. It feels so comfortable on the lips. It fades quite nicely too, to a lighter colour, no dreaded lip liner fade here! It has a really lovely sweet smell and taste. I would absolutely buy this lipstick in more shades! I give it a 9/10 and it costs £4.95 or €7. 



Have you ever tried anything from The Beauty Crowd or tried any of the Nicka K New York make-up? If so, what did you think of them? Let me know below! 
Thank you for reading, 
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)


*pr sample or sponsored post. 

Don't forget to follow me to keep up with my latest posts and antics! 



No comments:

Post a Comment