Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Wanderlust: Hopeful travel plans in the next two years!



Hey guys! How are you all doing? My Irish readers, all set to vote on Friday? :D I've been so excited to write this up. As you may know, since I first became aware of the bigger world around me, all I've ever wanted to do was explore it. I've saved and scrimped, even when I hadn't the money to spare, as it is my ultimate goal in life to see the world! Because I've saved, I feel in a position to seriously plan out future gallivanting. I am constantly researching other countries cultures and what they have to offer, and watching travel videos. Today, I thought I would share with you all my future places I hope to go in the next two years!
In general, my travel list is quite extensive. It covers most of Europe, especially Scandinavia. In Asia, I would love to go to Thailand, Singapore, China and India. In Africa, I would love to see Madagascar, South Africa, Egypt and Zimbabwe. In America, there's California, New York, Colorado, Washington, Hawaii, and Massachusetts. In South America, there's Brazil, Peru, and Argentina. Don't ask me how I'll afford this, with sheer determination, anything can happen! (and a room full of money, of course!)
But scaling it down to the next two years, I have 5 places in particular I hope to cross off my list, and I hope to visit three of two countries at once, both to save a few euro, and to give me a taste of travelling more than one country at a time, to prepare for my bigger adventures. Those places are Amsterdam, Krakow, Prague, Belgium and Hungary. 

Amsterdam
I don't have to wonder when I'll be heading to Amsterdam, because I'm going in just over a month! :D I plan to go to some amazing places while I'm there, including: The Van Gogh museum, Anne Frank House, Vondelpark, Rijksmuseum, De Wallen, the Sex Museum and Electric Ladyland Museum. I also hope to take a bike ride from the city to their gorgeous countryside and hit the Leidseplein Markets! 




Krakow
Somewhere I hope to go at the end of this year/beginning of next year. I go through patches of really focusing and obsessing of other countries and cultures, I'm a complete Europhile. I've been looking up Polish culture lately. Poland is such a beautiful country with a sad past, especially with Communism and World War II. I feel it's a country with so many hidden gems and it's overlooked a bit. What I would love to see in Krakow is Auschwitz-Birkenau, Oscar Schindler's factory, Old Town and the Jewish Quarter. I would love take in  Krakow's beautiful architecture, cheap food and drink and shop at Galeria Krakowska!



Prague
I suppose my reasons for wanting to visit Prague are fairly typical. The Christmas markets! I do love Christmas, but at 22, it's lost most of it's magic for me. I think going to Prague in December would be like stepping in a wonderland! Also, I love looking at the architecture in new places, and Prague has some of the best in Europe. Most of their Baroque style architecture of the 17th and 18th century has been preserved so brilliantly, it would be like stepping back in time! Places I would love to visit are the Christmas markets, the Astronomical Clock, Prague Castle and the Museum of Decorative Arts. 




Belgium 
Ah Belgium. I dream of just escaping to Belgium when things get too much. Instead of flocking to the main places like Brussels and Antwerp, I would much rather head to Bruges and Ghent. The architecture and canals are phenomenal! I would eat like a king in Belgium! I would go here when I fancy jetting off somewhere to relax, somewhere slow paced, and just be. A Lake Isle of Inisfree of sorts. 

Ghent
Bruges

Hungary
Another beautiful country, one with a bloody history. I just recently added Hungary to my travel list. I am dying to see Hungary's beautiful architecture and countryside. Fun fact, some of the book Dracula took place in Budapest. 




And there is where I hope to visit in the next two years! Where in the world would you like to visit? Let me know below!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, I've been dying to go to all those places too. All look just SO beautiful.
    I'd love to visit Florence too.
    I got to visit the Christmas markets in Paris last year it was just so dreamy :)
    Gillian xx EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence looks amazing! I'd love to there, Venice, Rome and Pompeii. :D Ahh you're SO lucky! I bet you had an absolute ball :) x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I have an obsession with Scandinavia, especially Noway. Such a beautiful part of the world :) x

      Delete