Monday, 13 April 2015

Clarins Creme Eclat Du Jour


What's up homeslices? How are you all doing on this fabulous Monday? -ugh-. Today, I will be reviewing Clarins Creme Eclat Du Jour Daily Energising Cream! As you might know, Clarins is my all time favourite high end skincare brands, but I have never tried any of their moisturisers, and I really wanted to. I recently got a new job, so I thought it would be the perfect excuse to treat myself to one. I wanted a moisturiser to hydrate my skin without making it oily, add radiance to my skin and a moisturiser to make a visible difference. So, this moisturiser seemed like the perfect one to pick up! 


The Eclat Du Jour moisturiser promises to deliver ideal hydration with a matte finish, it is non oily and to make a great make-up base. It also promises to refresh skin and balance out moisture all day long and enhance the skin's radiance. In particular, Eclat Du Jour is recommended for women in their 20's with combination to oily skin. The star ingredients in this moisturiser are Vitamin C, Alchemilla and Turmeric extracts to energise skin and to help improve any minor imperfections. Ginkgo Biloba to boost micro-circulation and enhance skin's radiance. It is a cream gel formula, so the texture feels so light but luxurious, and feels like this when you apply it to your face. 
I use this every morning and night after applying toner in an upwards, circular motion. 


I have to say, when I bought this, I took its claims of being an excellent make-up base with a pinch of salt, but after trying it as a base, I don't need to use a primer underneath foundation! It made my make-up look better, it went on smoother and my make-up lasted the entire day! Overall, the Eclat Du Jour is a fantastic daily moisturiser. it made my skin more radiant, hydrated, soft with a lovely matte finish. It keeps any oil at bay all day. My skin felt smoother and energised. I adored its luxuriousness. However, I would have seen adding some SPF to it as a big bonus. 
The packaging was on par to the high end skincare (and price) that you would expect. Eclat Du Jour came in a sturdy and heavy, orange frosted glass jar with a screw lid, which makes it one of the lookers in my skincare drawer. I love the smell so much! It has a lovely subtle peach scent to it. I really feel however, considering the price, Clarins could have been a tad less stingy and it could have been a bigger jar. It is 30ml, and I would have been happier if it was 40-50ml. 


The Clarins Creme Eclat Du Jour Daily Energising Cream costs €25 for 30ml, and I loved it! I give it a 9/10 and I definitely would repurchase this. 
Have you guys tried Eclat Du Jour yet? What is your favourite high end skincare brand? Let me know below! 
 Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment