Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Blogging Slump

Hey guys, how are you all doing? Lately I've been feeling like I am in a bit of a slump, blogging wise. I have been working 35+ hours five days a week now, and I feel like my blog is suffering, specifically, blog reading and social media promotion. I hate that this is happening. I love my little blog so much, and I haven't been able to look after it and put all of the love I have for it lately. As result, I have noticed a downturn in page views and in comments. I am going to do my best and keep up on my blog reading and interaction there, day by day, so it won't build up. I really miss interacting with the bloggers and sharing my opinion there. I have started joining in more on the Twitter chats and I especially love the Irish Beauty Hour on Twitter on Thursdays from 10pm to 11pm, and I love chatting to other bloggers and general beauty enthusiasts. Perhaps I'm not visible enough on social media? With the amount of bloggers, it's very easy to be overseen amongst bigger, better and bloggers who can churn out a post a day.

I am still blogging twice a week which is my usual, so thankfully, the blog isn't being neglected by any means. Because of the lack of response off some posts, it has led me to feel quite meh and unmotivated with blogging. Though I've never lost the love for blogging, interacting with like minded people, writing, taking photos, hitting publish, is still as fantastic to me when I started blogging. To you other bloggers out there, is there anything I'm missing? How can I get out of this slump and increase my interaction with other bloggers? I am a very introverted person, and I sometimes worry I may be annoying someone, is there any ways that are more effective than others to talk to other bloggers and readers? Anything I'm missing? To my readers, is there anything you would like to see more (or less of) on my blog?

 To hopefully get myself out of this slump, I have decided to shake up my blog, and try and expand beyond beauty and make-up reviews. Lipstick and Lightening was originally just supposed to be about beauty and make-up, but I want to talk about some of my other interests also. I have a few ideas. It could be hit and miss with some, but it gives me extra excitement and motivation regrading my blog! Some of my ideas include the odd Serial Killer Saturday post (You were warned in previous posts of my interest in serial killers!), Music/Movie Monday, Instagram Inspiration, and budget beauty brands focus posts. They are just a few of the ideas I have! I hope I can get my blog and promotion back in full force soon.


 I am excited about the future of Lipstick and Lightening, and I hope you will stick around and keep reading. I love everyone who takes the few minutes to read my blog. It truly means the world to me.
Thank you for reading.
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure everyone is sticking around, don't worry.
    I'm terrible at social media as I work FT and PT& I try to blog when I get a spare half hr so I can understand how you feel.
    I wouldn't panic, my lovely. I'm here and I'm sure many others are keen to see your new posts, even the scary killer ones :o
    Gillian x EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for your lovely comment, Gillian, it means the world to me! I'm so happy you're keen to read my upcoming posts, and the serial killer posts might grow on you. ;) Thank you again lovely :) x

      Delete
  2. I think every blogger goes through a slump from time to time, so I wouldn't worry about that. I do agree, it does seem hard to get noticed, especially those of us who can't post daily. We'll get there though!

    Also, I hope you do some serial killer posts! I find them strangely fascinating!

    Collette
    www.inkedhibiscus.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a slump before and I got through t, so I'll get through this :) Exactly. Not everyone has the time or the content to post daily. Thanks! If just one person likes the serial killer posts then I consider it a success :D x

      Delete