Monday, 30 March 2015

Website Help!


Hey guys! How are you all doing? Unfortunately, one of my flaws is that sometimes, I tend to run away from my problems. If I don't think about it, talk about it, have it in front of me, it doesn't exist. Out of my birthday money, I shelled out almost €80 on a domain name for my own blog, that was at the start of March! I wish I had looked up exactly how to build up a website before paying for it. I bought my domain name from Register365, their customer care hasn't been fantastic and I am terrible with technology. 
The point of this post is that I need your help. Can anyone help me get my blog on my website, or put me into contact with someone who is familiar with setting up a website? Do I need to shell out even more for a website builder, or is a graphic designer my next step? (I really hope this is the case!) Because none of it makes sense to me! Has anyone who has registered through Register365 be able to give me a few pointers as to what to do next?
I have just discovered the 100+1 Click Installs and I've managed to install a calender, I want to install something that will put this blog on to the site, as I'm not with Wordpress, my choices are: Open Blog, Serendipity, Dot Clear, b2evolution, TextPattern, LifeType, Pixie, Nucleus, eggBlog and PivotX, which is the best to install when it comes to using the Blogger platform?
Right now, there's nothing on lipstickandlightening.ie, but a placeholder, and when I log in (I can't even manage to do that anymore, to show you guys a screen cap of what I see) but when I log in, all that's there is some index files, and I am so confused.
So basically, the main thing I need to know right now is, what is my next step from here? If you are good at site building or you have set up your own, or know someone who could help me, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it! Please let me know below any advice you may have.
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if it will help, but XOMisse's blog is really helpful for this kind of thing. After I bought my domain name from GoDaddy, I used a tutorial on her blog to get my Bloodspot blog onto the GoDaddy domain. I'm seriously half asleep now so this probably doesn't make any sense, but it's worth a try, right?

    Collette
    www.inkedhibiscus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make sense and thank you again for the recommendation! I'll check her out! :) x

      Delete
  2. She's definitely great and I'm using Megan Daly who's fantastic and on twitter!

    ReplyDelete