Tuesday, 10 March 2015

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer

Hi guys! How are you all doing? Today, I'll be reviewing the NYX HD photogenic concealer. I heard fantastic things about this concealer and I thought I would give it a whirl as I've yet to find my Holy Grail concealer. I bought this concealer in the shade 'Glow' (CWO6), and it seemed to be the lightest shade they had. This concealer comes in simple plastic packaging with a doefoot applicator.


Deceiving shop lighting be damned! I was so made up with how well this swatched in the shop, and applied it after I bought it, when I got out into the natural light, my mam noticed straight away how orange and too dark under my eyes! I was raging. I can't wear this on its own at all. It's way too dark and orange toned for my milk bottle complexion. Though it does look good under my L'Oreal True Match foundation. It's effective at covering spots and I would consider this concealer to be medium to full coverage. 


Under concealer, it lasts almost the full day, without any need for touch ups (Not that I can anyway without Tangy Cheese Dorito coloured under eyes). It's also talc free, so it isn't cakey at all! It has a nice creamy consistency, but it doesn't blend all that well and dries quickly, so you have to work quickly with it. A little really goes a long way with this concealer. Because of the colour, I'm not too sure if I would repurchase. If I found the concealer in a shade that went with my skin tone, I would buy it again. I love that this concealer is cruelty free! 


It cost me €6.49 for 4ml, a fair price! I give NYX HD photogenic concealer a 6/10.
Thank you for reading, 
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment