Monday, 23 March 2015

Make-Up Revolution Velvet Matte Lip Lacquer

Hey guys! How are you all doing? Happy Monday -ugh-. I apologise for only putting up one post last week, I just got a new job, and I'm trying to balance both, which won't be too hard as I'm home around 3pm, but I'm back on track now, and I'll have some exciting new products to trial soon! Following the mahooosive buzz around Make-up Revolution, and for the prices, I knew I had to try some of their products for myself! Especially I wanted to try their Velvet Matte Lip Lacquers, touted as the perfect dupe for the Lime Crime Velvetines. I wanted to mess around with lilac lips, as I love them, so I bought one in the shade Depravity.


I have to say, delivery for this and the Iconic 3 eyeshadow palette, was quite slow! It was supposed to be here on a Friday- and didn't arrive until the following Thursday. The packaging is quite typical, a plastic tube with a doefoot applicator. I'm not crazy about the texture of this lip lacquer, at first application, it has a lovely, soft, and velvety texture, but a few minutes later, the texture feels sticky, before finally deciding on a matte finish. I love how pigmented this lip lacquer is! I apply two cost, as my lips are naturally very red.


My biggest problem with this lip lacquer is something that puts me off buying these lip lacquers again in the matte finish, it doesn't last long, at all! It fades in uneven patches, which is a pain in the ass because red and lilac, a very noticeable difference, and it looks a bit stupid. I do adore the shade alot. and I will buy Make-Up Revolution lip lacquers again, I just think I'll go for their lipsticks or their Intense lip lacquers range. Depravity is my favourite shade in the red, it's something fun interesting and different! The next shade I really want to get is Vamp, a gorgeous blood red/brown, again in the Intense lip lacquer range.


The Velver Matte Lip Lacquers costs €4.23, and I think it's a good price! I give the Make-Up Revolution Velvet Matte Lip Lacquers a 6/10. If anyone has any tips for me to make the lacquers last longer, let me know! 
Have you tried the Make-Up Revolution Velvet Matte Lip Lacquers? What did you think of them? Let me know below! 
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim, :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow I was hoping this would be a more promising lip product... You win some you lose some? I love the look of "velvet" matte lips but the good formulas seem to be quite expensive.

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping the same, I really hope their Intense lip lacquers are better... watch this space! Yeah, it was supposed to be a great dupe for the Lime Crime Velvetines. :)

      Delete
  2. omg I've just died!!! is this actually a colour???? it looks like a unicorns mane!!! THIS IS TOO BEAUTIFUL I CANT!

    <a href="http://aineoh.blogspot.com”>Aine Oh</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the colour looks stunning! It's a shame that it's not too long lasting :( But I always appreciate honest reviews like this one and your previous ones, I'm a new follower x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a stunning shade, but I was let down by its staying power big time. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I try my best to be honest in reviews and it means alot to me that you appreciate that :) and thank you for following, Alexandra :) x

      Delete