Thursday, 26 March 2015

It's The Little Things

Hey everyone! How are you all? Happy Thursday, we're almost there! :) This post is inspired by the lovely Jemma over at Dorkface, go check her out if you haven't already! In life, it's not always the grand gestures and the big buys that give us satisfaction and make us happy, it's the little things we overlook from time to time, but really mean alot! Here's my little list of the little things I love. :)


A cuddle
Who doesn't love a good cuddle? Noone that I know of, anyway. It's comfy cosy, and a really, really great feeling especially when it's with someone you really love. Not so great when you're in a serious cuddle mood and there's noone around!

Instagram inspiration
First of all, sorry if you follow me on Instagram and I'm not updating, Instagram won't let me upload photos without crashing! I'm still very active on Instagram and I love browsing through it, it's so inspiration for recipes, outfits and make-up, so many beautiful posts and ideas!

Fresh sheets and shaved legs
There's no denying this feeling is absolute bliss! So comfortable and lovely to sleep in, when I have both, I seriously can't wait to hit the hay! Am I right?

New skincare products
My main vice along with whiskey! It excites me so much buying, trialing, using, writing about and see the benefits from new skincare products! The packaging, the feeling, using it. I find my skincare routine quite therapeutic, and I love to invest in fantastic skincare.

New pyjamas 
 Noticing a trend here? I am, without a doubt, a creature of comfort! And buying and wearing new comfy and pretty pyjamas is one of the best feelings, ever. Feels so fresh and cosy, and I usually buy a new pyjamas when I make the trip up to Penneys!

A read and a tea at my favourite haunt
In Tullamore, there's not much to do, and the odd time when I have an hour or two to kill, I make my way up to my favourite haunt, The Coffee Club for a peppermint tea, and I always have a book in my bag, and it's the absolutely perfect way to chillout and relax. The atmosphere here is divine, quiet, funky Latin music, lovely staff, and you can stay as long as you want. I'm on my 7th loyalty card, I love it that much.


A lie in
During the week, it's all go go go, up early, work, come home, exercise, do other what you have to do, sleep, and do it all over again, for four more days. But a glorious Saturday and Sunday, a guilt free lie in, have a slow paced weekend and actually take the time to have breakfast, is something to look forward to definitely!

A free house
I really am a fan of my alone time, it's so important for me to be alone to, well, function correctly. And a free house gives me the chance to be by myself, blast Slipknot and sing at the top of my lungs and strut around half naked, as is tradition.

Random good moods
I really love it when a sudden and unexplained good mood comes over me. Who doesn't love feeling happy and perky? Singing and dancing around and being very productive comes from my random good moods so I'm excited when a good mood without reason comes over me!

Post brow treatment and haircut feeling 
Every girl loves to feel good about herself and her appearance, it's a fact of life. Nothing brings this feeling on faster than getting the brows or the weave did. I'm not a huge fan of going to either because I can't stand the small chat, but the people who do both my hair and brows are lovely, and always make me feel good about myself coming out!

Finding new music
I love music so so, so much! Whenever I find a new band to listen to and I end up loving, I get super pumped about it and listen to everything I can find by them. Especially if you're getting a bit bored of what you have been listening to lately, it's always good to mix it up and expand your music taste!

An extra affectionate Ruby
I love my little Ruby so much, she s the cutest dog in the whole world and yes, that also includes your dog, soz. Sometimes when I'm watching tv or writing, Ruby will come up to me, sit on my lap and cuddle into me. Even more surprising if there's no ulterior motive for the cosy blanket or food. and I'll drop whatever I'm doing to have a cuddle with my favourite!


Surprise sweet texts
We all have our own things going on, between college, work and other responsibilities, it's not so easy to stay in contact with friends every single day. But sometimes, off my boyfriend and best friends, they text me out of the blue with the sweetest, most thoughtful texts that give me that warm fuzzy feeling and a smile that lasts ages, and I feel so loved. It's so important to return the favour at let your loved ones know how much they mean to you. :)

And they are just a few of my favourite thiiiiiiings! What are the little things that make your day? Let Me know below!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

6 comments:

  1. Love posts like this, it's nice to appreciate the little things! Free house is one of my favourite things too. I think for me, blasting on some music and dancing and singing along as loudly as possible. Also, I got so excited about cheese on toast the other night, which is probably a bit sad!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best thing ever, I love nothing more than a free house! :) That's not a sad at all, food is the ultimate source of happiness <3

      Delete
  2. Fresh sheets and shaved legs...YES that is the best feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! A cuddle and new pyjamas definitely my thing x

    Jana
    Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete