Friday, 6 February 2015

Ultimate Shine shampoo bar

Hi guys! How are you all on this glorious Friday? ;) Today, I am reviewing Lush's (Oh dear god, another Lush review?!) Ultimate Shine shampoo bar! I bought Ultimate Shine as a change from Lush's Seanik shampoo bar as my hair was looking quite lacklustre and I wanted to add some shine and life to the gruaige. Reading through the shampoo options on Lush's website, Ultimate Shine seemed like the best choice. 


Ultimate Shine promises to: Make dull hair gleam, have squeaky clean hair, an oil free scalp and to add balance to the scalp and hair. The key ingredients in Ultimate Shine are: Ylang Ylang- Added to make dull hair gleam. Creates a lovely, floral scent. Elemi Oil- Great for the scalp as it keeps it balanced and in good condition, and to cleanse and tone the scalp. Violet Leaf Absolute- Keeps away any microbes, breaks down oil and leaves you with a clean and well cared for scalp and hair. I love the subtle scent of Ultimate Shine. It's not overpowering and just has a subtle, floral scent from the Ylang Ylang. 


I think Ultimate Shine would really have worked better on someone who has limp, fine hair, that needs to be washed everyday, because of a build up of oil. Or on someone with a problem or sensitive scalp. I don't have any problems with my scalp and I have very thick hair that doesn't have any oil build up. As a result, I don't think I felt all of the lovely benefits that Ultimate Shine has to offer. While it did leave my hair soft, shiny, feeling healthy and extra clean and fresh, it also added some well missed life, for me, it's been an underwhelming shampoo bar, compared to others that I have tried from Lush. It would definitely suit fine haired people and those who have problems with their scalp. 
I give Ultimate Shine a 7/10, and this cost me €7.95. I'm not so sure if I would repurchase, I might, because I did feel some benefits from Ultimate Shine. 
Have you tried Ultimate Shine yet? What did you think? Let me know below!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :) 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    I have fine hair and have to wash everyday as it gets really oil. However the oil ingredients makes me scared it could make my hair worse. But I would like to give this a go to see if it works.

    Jo of http://www.bloglovin.com/people/saycheesycake-11175483
    http://www.bloglovin.com/people/saycheesycake-11175483

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should give it a go, the Violet Leaf Absolute will break down any oil. If you're unsure, ask the staff in Lush, they're always super helpful. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's unfortunate. I've never tried any of their shampoo bars, but you and I seem to have the same hair type: thick, not greasy. Have you found any of their bars good for your hair?

    Tiff | AMtoPM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! I love Seanik and their cinnamon shampoo bar, but I think their cinnamon one has been brought back and renamed as New :) x

      Delete