Friday, 20 February 2015

The Signature Scent

Hey guys, happy Friday! I hope you are all well. Today, I'm going to talk about The Signature Scent, but what is a Signature Scent? It's the perfume that you couldn't be without, that you put above all others, the scent that gives comfort to your loved ones, because it's familiar, only associated with you. The perfume you try to save for special occasions, because it costs so much, but you use anyway, to make you feel better on your not so great days. Everyone has their Signature Scent. Mine, is DNKY Woman. 
I first came across DNKY Woman when I was in Essex for my cousin's wedding, I was sixteen. My eyes lit up when shopping the day after the wedding, at the Perfume Shop, I could actually afford to indulge on a beautiful perfume like my mother has, and her mother. I tried and tested so much, then I came across DNKY Woman, and it was love at first sniff. It was everything I loved in a perfume. It was clean, fresh, sharp and crisp. It was sweet, but not sickly, and very sophisticated.
 The perfect Signature Scent brings back so many happy memories, of course. It reminds me of Essex, and applying it first in the hotel and being over the moon, it reminds me of many happy nights out with my friends, it reminds me of getting ready to see my boyfriend when we first went out and I really wanted to impress him. It reminds me of the times I had a crappy day, and I would put this on, and it gave me a little pep in my step.


DNKY Woman is described as ''An urban floral, a vibrant burst of blood orange, drenched in refreshing chilled Vodka, infused with ripe vine tomato, which gives the effect of cut grass in Central Park.. Inspired by the spirit and energy of New York.'' The heart notes in DNKY are: Daffodil, Orchid and Water Lily. The top notes are Blood Orange, Tomato Leaf and Vodka. The base notes are Birch and Tulip.
DNKY Woman costs €52 for 50ml (though most times I can get it for cheaper) and it's worth every single euro.
What is your Signature Scent? Let me know below!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

10 comments:

  1. I wish that I could say that I'v discovered my signature scent but I am just too easily distracted to make a definitive decision! I also hear girls talking about having found their perfect hairdreser which I am yet to find too! Great post, its so true about scents evoking memories which is enough reason alone to make a scent your favourite sometimes! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it, you'll know it when you smell it, and a special perfume is worth holding out for. :) I too have yet to find my perfect hairdresser, though I know who to avoid! ;) Thanks for your lovely comment, Sarah :) x

      Delete
    2. Don't worry about it, you'll know it when you smell it, and a special perfume is worth holding out for. :) I too have yet to find my perfect hairdresser, though I know who to avoid! ;) Thanks for your lovely comment, Sarah :) x

      Delete
  2. My signature scent is Chloe, I love that stuff! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love Chloe perfume! Good choice. :) x

      Delete
  3. I know I'm a bit late reading this but my signature scent is Daisy by Marc Jacobs, it is love!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm a bit late reading this but my signature scent is Daisy by Marc Jacobs, it is love!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of you when I come across Daisy :) I was sniffing perfumes in the airport in September and I neeeeed Daisy Dream in my life <3 x

      Delete