Monday, 23 February 2015

Oscar's 2015 Best Dressed!

Hey guys! It's that time of year again, AWARDS SEASON! I had originally planned a haul post for today, but I decided to scrap it and work late into the night on an Oscar's Best Dressed post and have it up ASAP, just for you guys! So, here are my picks on who I thought looked particularly stunning! Honestly, I thought overall, alot of the dresses were very typical and sort of same-ish, but some beautiful pieces did catch my eye! 

Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka.


Let's start off with this year's Oscar's host, shall we? The ever handsome and fantastic Neil Patrick Harris and husband David Burtka. I love Neil Patrick Harris, I really, really do! I think he and his husband couldn't look any more well put together and dapper. Forgoing the typical black suit, Neil is wearing a custom made Brunello Cucinelli light grey tuxedo and tie, while David is rocking a Calvin Klein tuxedo and Hamilton shirt. They both look absolutely smashing! 

Margot Robbie


Margot Robbie always looks stunning- no doubt about it. However, she takes it to the next level, in one of my favourite designer's dress, Yves Saint Laurent! The dress has so much going for it, the gorgeous flow of the dress, the plunging neckline and the sheer long sleeves. It was perfect! I also love that it was paired with a well executed red lip and a beautiful necklace. One of my favourite looks of the night! 

Zendaya


If I thought I could pull off/maintain dreadlocks for a second, I would have had them by now. I've always loved and admired dreads and those who had them! 18 year old Zendaya looks so flawless here! Wearing a slinky white Vivienne Westwood gown here, she's kept it simple make-up and accessory wise, her strong eyes, eye make-up and drop earrings accentuate how breathtaking Zendaya looks here! 

Sienna Miller


Just when I was feeling 'meh' and bored of this year's Oscar dress's, the beauty that is Sienna Miller pops up on to my Twitter in this stunning Oscar De La Renta guna! It took my breath away. The detailing in this dress is what excites me most. The lace detail with the sheer material near the hem, the bow details and the thick shoulder straps. It shows off Sienna's knockout body. She kept the look simple with a diamond bracelet and black clutch. I also love her make-up! Her cheekbone game is strong!

Katie Cassidy




Without a doubt one of the most stunning looks of the night. Katie Cassidy kills it with this on point Julien MacDonald number. A 'naked' dress, with the sheer panelling throughout, and eye catching gold leaf detailing, showing off her fantastic figure, with a beautiful train to boot. The dress has been accessorised perfectly, with statement diamond earrings and a golden metal clutch. A beautiful soft curl hairstyle and flawless make-up finishes off the look. Nailed.it. 

Kelly Osbourne


Oh oh Kelly O, how astonishing you looked! Wearing an all black Rita Vinieris dress with a lace, semi-sheer bodice top, I love the neckline. The icing on the cake however, was the bottom half, wow! The organza, asymmetric, dramatic hem was so so stunning and I've never seen anything like it before. I need it in my wardrobe. Worn with simple strappy heels and an eye catching multicoloured clutch, a plum lip and the lilac fauxhaux, Kelly O looked phenomenal! 

Reese Witherspoon


Reese Witherspoon always looks stunning on the red carpet. The 2015 Oscars are no different! This year, Reese rocked up to the Oscars in an outstanding Tom Ford gown. This dress is such a classic, monochrome beauty. I love the off the shoulder straps and the black sash in just the right place around the waist. This figure hugging dress accentuates Reese's curves and the neckline shows off her d├ęcolletage, which I love. The dress was kept simple with diamond earrings and a diamond bracelet. A very well executed look! 

And they are my picks for the Oscars 2015 Best Dressed! Who were your favourites on the red carpet? Let me know below!
Thank you for reading.
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

2 comments: