Thursday, 12 February 2015

Beauty and The Sleep by House of Fraser

Hey guys! How are you all doing? I hope you are all doing splendidly. :) Coming up to Valentine's Day, how can we make sure we are looking our best, whether we're single and treating ourselves, loved up, or spending it with the cat? House of Fraser have put together this pretty fly infographic on how to get a good night's sleep, hair and make-up tips, and Feng Shui for better sleep! As this is the first blog I'm doing for a company, I thought it only fair to let you all know that, I will never, ever put anything up on Lipstick and Lightening that I didn't think would fit my blog. I've wanted to write to some on these points before, but it wouldn't be a very long post, and as I apply alot of these tips myself, I love this infrographic and I think it's useful. :) 
Source House of Fraser

I thought I would elaborate on some of my favourite points from the infographic aswell.

Remove make-up- I think we all know the pain of leaving on a full face of make-up after partying a bit too hard, and waking up feeling gross, ugh. Never, ever go to bed with a trace of make-up still on! It causes blemishes, wrinkles, acne and breakouts. It also makes your pillow dirty, causing more harm to your skin. Also, ditch the make-up wipes, ASAP. They dry out your skin so badly. Buy a micellar water or a cream or oil based cleanser, and you'll wake up feeling fresh faced! 


Cut out the heat- Every time up until a year ago, after I washed my hair, I blow dried and straightened my hair, and straightened it again in the morning. Oh dear god, what was I thinking? Now, I let it dry naturally and straighten my hair 2-3 times a week, embracing my curls. The difference of my hair between then and now is phenomenal! So much more hydrated, stronger and healthier. Get into the habit switching heated tools for styling cream, and plait it for beachy waves if you wish. Sorted! 

Scents- Having some kind of candle or incense burning before you go to bed makes going to sleep all the more pleasurable. It can calm and relax you, and gives a homey, cosy warm feeling. Make sure it's nothing too overpowering though. My preferences are vanilla candles and sage incense, but lavender is a popular choice also. 

Environment- Your bedroom is your safe haven and a sanctuary. You should love to come home after a long day and enjoy coming into your room, especially to sleep, so the environment in your room should be peaceful, tranquil and free of any clutter. Make sure there are no distractions in your room so you can focus on getting a good night's sleep, this means no study or work related books/papers, no exercise equipment and no phones! 

Air Flow- For a better sleep, I usually leave my window open for a half an hour before I go to bed to let in fresh air and clear the air. I do the same in the morning for around an hour or ore to keep the air circulating. Who wants to sleep in a stuffy bedroom?

Fresh Sheets- Possibly the best way to get a fabulous sleep! I don't need to remind all y'all the excitement of going to bed with fresh sheets on, especially with just shaven legs! Ah, bliss. Comfort at its finest. Also, it's so important and hygienic to change your sheets often. I need to buy some new sheets soon, and I'm thinking Egyptian Cotton, to see what all the fuss is about! 

Forever relevant!

And there you have it, some fantastic tips from House of Fraser! What are some of your favourite tips to look your best and have a great night's sleep? Let me know below! 
Thank you all for reading, 
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment