Thursday, 29 January 2015

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter


Hey guys! I hope you are all well! Today's post is on The Body Shop's Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. I saw amazing reviews on this cleansing butter and it was on my list for ages! Unfortunately, I don't have a Body Shop store near where I live. :( So, when I was in Dublin, of course I didn't hesitate in picking this beauty up! It is the first cleansing butter that I've tried. This cleansing butter promises to melt away make-up, leave skin clean, refreshed, pampered and petal soft. It also promises to be suitable for sensitive skin. 


The key ingredients in the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter are: Olive Oil- Works as a cleanser, moisturiser and protector. It has four powerful antioxidants, including vitamins A and E. Helps to restore elasticity. Shea Butter- Moisturises and nourishes the skin. Sunflower Seed Oil- Contains vitamins A, C, D and E. Acts as an emulsifier (what helps it to go from an oil to a milk). Helps retain moisture. Effective against acne, eczema, inflammation, redness and irritation. And the star of the show, Camomile- It's a cure all for most mild skin conditions, you probably remember being doused in Camomile lotion if you had Chickenpox when you were younger, and it worked absolute wonders! It helps relieve dry, sore irritated skin. It calms down redness and is a powerful antiseptic. It has a similar texture to butter, it melts on to the skin like an oil and water emulsifies into a thin milk. Just applying it you can feel how fantastic it is for dry skin! 



This cleansing butter did a better job than most cleansers at removing make-up, but not fully. I prefer to just use a micellar water anyway. It felt so luxurious and calming to use aswell, I love applying it so much. It left my skin feeling soft, smooth, fresh and clean. It calmed my skin down and some redness. It is a very gentle cleanser to use, so it's perfect for sensitive skin. I use this in the morning and at night. I apply it all over my face without using water, massage it in as it melts for a minute, splash water so it turns into a milk, rinse off and pat dry. The packaging is a shallow tin with a simple yet pretty design, even if the lid is a little finicky. I love the smell of this cleansing butter! It's a soft, subtle smell, the main scent being camomile. A major bonus for me about this cleansing butter is that it is not animal tested, which is really very important to me. 


This cost me €13.95 for 90ml, which I think is a reasonable price. I give it an 8/10 and I would definitely repurchase!
Have you tried The Body Shop's Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter? What did you think? Let me know below! 
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

5 comments:

  1. I definitely want to try this out. I've been looking for a good cleansing balm.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed if you buy this one :) x

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot about this butter but I've always been very cautious with things like oil based cleansers as I have oily skin, plus I tend to prefer gel based cleansers that foam up. But It might be time to experiment with my skincare a bit! Also just to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebster award over on my blog: www.fislittleblog.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an oily t-zone and this cleanser has been fantastic for them, it didn't make them any oiler, and thank you for the nomination :) x

      Delete
  3. I did not even know that they had cleansing butters but it sounds like an interesting product to try! Love the camomile scent! I have the body wash and love it!! It lasts for such a long time too, had mine for over a year now and there is still a lot left, worth every penny! x S.

    ReplyDelete