Saturday, 17 January 2015

One off the Bucketlist- Seeing Slipknot live!


Hey guys! How are you all doing? Today, I'm sharing with you the best nights of my life, which was this Wednesday night. Something I've waited for for seven years. On Wednesday, I saw Slipknot, my favourite band ever live for the first time! :D



Dublin was their first stop in the European part of their Prepare For Hell tour. If you know me, you'll know how much I love them! To be honest, I'm finding it hard to write this post because I actually can't find the words to describe to amazing that night was! You know when you wait a long time for something and when it finally arrives, it's not what you hoped for? This wasn't the case, it was so much more, so much better than I could have imagined or built up in my head! I was excited that they played a few of my favourites that I wasn't expecting to hear, like Vermillion and Three Nil. But the icing on the cake? When they play Spit It Out, there's a part in the song when all the crowd has to get on the ground and stay there until Corey Taylor, the lead singer shouts ''Jump the fuck up!'' and I was part of that! When I looked at YouTube videos of Slipknot playing live, I always wanted to be a part of the crowd during that! 




Seeing Slipknot live has crossed one thing off my bucketlist. I went up to Dublin with my boyfriend, a fellow Maggot and stayed the night, it was so perfect, I can't even describe. Even though now I have a serious case of post concert blues! Was it worth waiting two hours in Baltic conditions, right after recuperating after a particularly nasty flu, and expecting another one any day? Without a goddamn doubt! Also, I managed to get to the barrier at the very front, which was so mind blowing, to see the members of Slipknot up so close in the flesh. 



Headlining for Slipknot was a band I never heard of called King, who were really good, I liked the vocals alot. Korn was right before Slipknot, despite growing out of Korn somewhat (Though I still enjoy them) put on an absolutely fantastic show and really got the crowd going! I wish I could live that night a hundred times over. Best night, ever! 
What was your best night ever? Let me know below!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

7 comments:

  1. Gah I'm so jealous that's amazing, my husband and I love Slipknot! And Korn as well, he actually proposed to me after we went to a Korn concert! It was perfect. Love the pictures 😁

    Ellie x

    http://a-world-of-nonsense.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best night! That is the best way ever to propose, that sounds perfect. :) And thank you Ellie :) x

      Delete
  2. Always nice to find fellow moshers ;) glad you've crossed this off your bucket list! Are you off to Download?
    I saw em in Sheffield last night.. that Spit It Out bit was my highlight as well cos I turned round and Clown was behind me haha just posted about it here! GNAR MOSH
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is! I always get so excited when I find fellow bloggers with similar music taste, especially beauty bloggers! I wish I was :( It's been on the Bucketlist for 6 years now, either I'm not fond of the line-up or money isn't it. :/ Haha that's awesome! Didn't they put on one hell of a show? :) I'm going to read your post now. :) x

      Delete
  3. So jealous!! Hope you enjoyed x

    Bebhinn + A Judge Less Life
    ajudgelesslife.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to reply to your comment on my post, yeah looks like you got Vermillion then! Wonder why they changed and if they will on other shows? Ooh your cousin got Slipknot M&G? Bet that was a laugh there were dozens of them at ours. I got the Korn one, just posted about it and only 8 of us! GNAR MOSH x

    ReplyDelete