Monday, 15 December 2014

The Christmas Tag!

Hey guys! How are you all doing? Sorry about only putting up one post last week, but I was a little uninspired the past few days. We put up our Christmas decorations on the 8th, and my mam especially, has the place looking so gorgeous and homey, so I felt like taking photos and showing them off, and I thought I would do so, with a Christmas post, so here I am! :)


What are your favourite Christmas movies?
Ooooh, we're off to a bad start. I don't like Christmas movies. A Christmas Carol isn't too bad though.

Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve on Christmas morning?
I open them all on Christmas morning! I love saving them all my lovely presents from my family, friends and boyfriend for Christmas day. :)

Do you have any favourite Christmas memories?
I have plenty! Three in particular stand out though. When my father was in the army, he used to guard Mountjoy prison three days on, three days off, and one year, he was working Christmas day. He was gone on Christmas eve. When we were opening our Christmas presents the next day, he surprised us and got home for Christmas! Another was going out with my family in the snow before dinner and having a snowball fight. And another is the Christmas with my boyfriend and we were together about a month and it was heavily snowing and we swapped presents in the kids play house in the park. It was really sweet. :)

Favourite Christmas food?
Because I'm vegetarian, I don't have much of a Christmas dinner. But I love little roast potatoes, Yule Log, hot chocolate, especially the peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks. I love buying the sweets at Christmas markets and ALL of the chocolate!

Favourite Christmas gift?
To be honest, usually everyone's presents are spot on! I especially love getting pyjamas and fluffy socks. Those who buy for me, never get it wrong and know me so well. For example one of my best friends bought me a piece of art I had my heart set on and a beautiful set of 5 Fairtrade elephant candles, which smell divine! As long as it's not a dodgy bath set, I'll love it! 

Favourite Christmas scent?
Candy Cane Lane by Yankee Candles, smells amaaaaazing! The smell of wood, baking, hot chocolate, a roaring fire and the smell of Christmas dinner.

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
We usually go to my Nanny and Grandad's grave and leave a wreath. While we're up there, we see some of our cousins, aunts and uncles. Then we go home, put on our new pyjamas, and relax and watch some tv or a movie by the fire. I love it. :)

What tops your tree?
It used to be a gold, gaudy angel that used to make the tree lean, haha. My sister and I fought over who put it up when we were little, so we took turns each year. Now it's a pretty silver star. :) 

As a kid, what was one present you always asked for, but never received? 
It was one I always asked for but I never got, but still kind of want because I never had one, a Stretch Armstrong! 

What is the best part of Christmas for you?
I love Christmas and so many aspects of it! I love seeing my friends and family. I love giving and receiving presents, the food! I love that sleepy, laziness that comes with celebrating Christmas. I love decorating the house and putting up the tree. Spirits are high, Also, me, my sister and mam have started a new tradition last year where we go up to Dublin shopping for the January sales, and it's a great day out! It's not Halloween, but I do love Christmas! :)



I tag all of you to do the Christmas tag! If you do, link me and I'll give it a look see. :)
Thank you all for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

4 comments:

  1. Love this. You've inspired me to do my own!
    Kiran x
    alittlekiran.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! Your decorations looks so gorgeous :D

    LongHairAndLashes.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for inspiration for this post. ;) I love them! :D x

      Delete