Thursday, 18 December 2014

2015 Blog Plans and A Huge Thank You

Hey guys! I have to say a massive thank you to you all. Last week, I hit 10'000 views, and a few days later, I hit 10'200 views! To some, it might not be alot, to me though, it is the world! Cliché as it might sound, I am genuinely so surprised that people take the time to read my blog, to follow me and comment. Thank you all so much for your support and kind words over the past year. It truly means more to me than words can say. You are all such fantastic people! :) 
Hitting 10'000 views got me thinking about what direction I want my blog to head in, what I want from my blog. It has made me more determined than ever to make it truly successful. I would love a bigger audience, to work with businesses and to someday, go professional with my blog. So I have my plans thought out for 2015 on how to get Lipstick and Lightening off the ground and be all it can be, so here are my main ideas for 2015! 


Print out business cards.
Nothing adds an edge of professionalism to a blog or business like a business card. When the next opportunity comes up to network, like the Irish Blogger Conference, I will come prepared with my own business cards, with my blog name, email, what I blog about, and what social media platforms you can find me on. With networking, you're told so many different blog names, that it's easy to forget. Armed with a few business cards, this shouldn't be the case!

Buy my own domain name and website.
Probably the biggest and hopefully most fruitful plans for 2015, my own website! Even thinking about it makes me excited! Coming hopefully early during 2015, I hope this increases traffic and helps me to be taken more seriously by other bloggers and businesses, and hopefully, it will add more of my personality when it comes to layout and design. Also, I want the rights to my own blog name, so it can't be taken in the future (Unlikely, but still a risk). I am really so excited for this prospect! Can any of you lovely bloggers out there recommend me a great website builder site to do this with? Stay tuned! 

Reach out to PR companies.
100% the most daunting plan for 2015. To get into contact with PR companies was not why I started Lipstick and Lightening, obviously, as I haven't done so yet. However, as my commitment to this blog stuck and I've gained what I think is a respectable readership, here and on other social media platforms, I believe I am now in a position to do so. But how to approach PR for companies? Hmm. What is the etiquette? What do you say? Do you leave a friendly '':)'' or not? How do you go about this? Approaching PR would be something I am completely new to. To you other bloggers out there who do have contact with PR companies, I would really value any advice you have to say on this subject, regarding how to reach out and how to compose an e-mail or etiquette when contacting PR companies! 

Collaborate with other bloggers.
Collaboration blogs between two (or more) bloggers always makes for a fun and interesting read, and I really would love to collaborate with my fellow bloggers! It would create friendships, a wider audience, connections, advice, and a different perspective on a similar issue would be gained. Friendships between bloggers is so important. In a community like this, love and support is vital. If you have any interest on collaborating with me, I would love that. Share your ideas with me! No  matter how fabulous your content is, no blogger should be an island. :)


If you're interested in collaborating with me and have some ideas, do get in contact with me. To the bloggers out there who have are in touch with PR companies, if you have any advice for me on how to approach PR companies and etiquette when talking to PR companies, let me know below. And once again, thank you all so much for reading, commenting, and your constant support and interest. It means the world to me! :) 
Thank you all so much for reading,
Stay fab xo 
Kim. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on hitting that milestone! That's such a huge accomplishment, and you definitely deserve all the success. You're an amazing blogger. I look forward to reading your upcoming blogposts and wish nothing but the best for you and your blog :)

    Becky, x // http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Becky you lovely girl, thank you for your amazing comment :) Yoi have made my night. I wish you all the best for your blog too! :) x

      Delete