Thursday, 13 November 2014

The Harry Potter tag!

Hi guys! I've hit sort of a writer's block today so, when in doubt, do a tag! I came across this Harry Potter tag a while back. I love Harry Potter so so much, I thought it would be a fun one to do, while I try to get the creative juices flowing again. So here we go! 

What is your favourite book?
Easy. The Half Blood Prince. I love getting a back story to Tom Riddle's early life, how he became Voldemort, how he managed to become immortal, I thought it was incredibly interesting and vital to the story. I liked the character of Horace Slughorn, but the character of Lavender Brown pissed me off so much, and I think that was the point, so in that respect, she's well written. Also, the chapter with Dumbledore's funeral (The White Tomb) is the most beautifully described parts in all seven books, I adore it. Also, I love the sense of foreboding all throughout Half Blood Prince.

What is your favourite film?
It's between two. The Half Blood Prince, mostly for the same reasons as above, and I thought it was the most visually appealing. I really love Deathly Hallows part two aswell. I think it comes as such a shock to discover the duality and hidden side to Snape (I cry everytime). It thought me that love really does conquer all. It's the most gripping film because all that's building up, especially since The Goblet of Fire has all come to a head, and I loved seeing it play out.


What is your least favourite book? 
Ahh don't do this, I loved them all. I suppose one I wouldn't reach for as much is Chamber of Secrets. Compared to the the other books, it's just tame and not much happens compared to the others. Also, I haaaated Professor Lockhart (though I felt a bit sorry for him in Order of The Phoenix).

What is your least favourite film?
Chamber of Secrets for the same reasons as above. Though I loved the film Order of The Phoenix, I was incredibly annoyed about how much was left out of it, whereas Chamber of Secrets includes almost everything from the book.

Parts of the books/films that made you cry?
God, in Order of The Phoenix when Molly Weasley can't get rid of the boggart in Grimmauld Place and it keeps transforming into her family members dead. In OOTP when we see Neville's parents in St.Mungos. The wand salute in the movie when Dumbledore dies. It's a given that I'll be a weepy mess for most of Deathly Hallows (book and part 2)  Fred Weasley's death, Tonks and Lupin's death, Snape's death and Snape's memories are the absolute worst. 


If you could hook up with any character, who would it be?
Looks wise, it would be Draco Malfoy, ugh, such a beaut (HBP upwards). Personality wise I would go for one of the Weasley twins, I would never stop laughing and getting into shenanigans.

Who is your favourite character? 
Ahh, that's a hard one. I can't possibly choose just one. I would say Luna Lovegood, she's so different and doesn't care in the least, I adore Luna. Also Professor McGonagall, she's fantastic, dignified, cares about her students and held her own against Umbridge. I loved Hagrid so much too. He's extremely loyal and loving, and an animal lover like myself. :)


Who is your least favourite character? 
Dolores Umbridge! Oh my god, I can't even describe the hatred I have for her. She has absolutely no redeeming features. She's the perfect combination of what I hate in a person. She follows law blindly, she's greedy, power hungry, cruel, prejudiced, sadistic, ruthless, corrupt, malevolent, a torturer.

What would your Patronus be? 
Oh it's 100% going to be a cat.

What would you choose, The Resurrection Stone, The Elder Wand or the Cloak of Invisibility?
I would choose The Cloak of Invisibility. I would get away with so much and have so much fun with it! 

Have you been sorted into a house in Pottermore?
Yeah. I got sorted into Gryffindor, which I was really happy about. I think it suits me best out of all the houses. :)


What position would you play in Quidditch?
I think I'd have the most fun playing Beater, but I lack considerable upper arm strength. :( I think I would serve best as Seeker, my eyesight is pretty good and I'm fairly observant.

Were you happy with the ending?
Hmm. I suppose I was. I really love Ron and Hermoine together and I'm glad they got together. As devastating as it was to have Teddy grow up without Tonks and Lupin, he is practically family to the Potters, and he's given a better lot in life than Harry had. I wish we knew more about how Draco Malfoy ended up, what he did. Overall, it was a good ending.

How much does Harry Potter mean to you?
The World, the Moon and Stars. I got really into Harry Potter later in life, when my life fell apart and everything I knew was being ripped apart. The books and the movies were the best form of escapism for me and added magic into my life. And because of that, Harry Potter will always have a place in my heart. Always.


There you go! I hoped you enjoyed reading that as much as I loved writing it! Feel free to steal it if you want, and I'll try have a proper post up early next week.
What do you do when you have writer's block? Let me know below, it'd be a great help. :)
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to be honest and say that when I stumbled upon your blog and saw this tag I was so excited! I love Harry Potter and love to read posts about how much othere people love it as well :) When I have writer's block I usually try and do a tag or something along the lines of that as well! I try and write posts that I like reading, but sometimes they don't always come out as good! Haha, great blog post :)

    Becky, x
    http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm so happy you were excited! Harry Potter isn't a love, it's a way of life! And don't worry about that, practice makes perfect. Thank you so much for your lovely comment :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi there!

    you blog post is amazing :)

    love your blog its super cute


    would love to see you other on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jade

    ReplyDelete