Friday, 7 November 2014

L'Oreal's Colour Riche Pure Reds Collection



Hey chums! I hope you are all doing well. :) It's no secret I have a penchant for lipsticks. So when I heard of this collection, I was so excited and I was delighted when I got my hands on one of these gorgeous lipsticks! The Pure Reds collection is a follow up from the Pure Nudes collection, which I didn't buy anything from (Nude lipsticks just remind me of foundation lips, which I just don't want to pull off). The Pure Reds collection is beautiful, with 4 different shades and each with different undertones, like blue and coral. Each collection is represented by L'Oreal spokes models Blake Lively, Frieda Pinto, Liya Kebede and Julianne Moore. The collection promises to have a red to suit everyone. After much humming and hawing over which one to get, I decided on Blake's red. I liked this shade the best in the collection. It is a deep ruby red that I think goes really well with my pale skin and dark hair. Blake's red has blue undertones, that works best with cool skin tones. I really love the creamy, velvety formulation of this lipstick. It has a matte finish and for a matte lipstick, it wasn't drying at all and it didn't highlight any imperfections or dry lips! Something that caught my attention with this lipstick is that it has that classic ''lipstick smell'' if you know what I mean? It reminds me of watching my mam get ready and stealing her lipstick after she was finish with it. Haha, nostalgia. :)



The packaging is just so beautiful too. It's a gorgeous black and gold (Which I am a complete sucker for) with a snakeskin texture. The shade suits me really well and it's staying power is fantastic, lasting almost throughout the day. The pigmentation is fantastic! I haven't had to top it up through the day when I'm out and about. I apply this over foundation, fixing powder and my red Rimmel 1'000 kisses lipliner. If you don't want a softer, less full on look, you can dab it on with your finger, because it is so pigmented. If you've never rocked red lips, this range would be perfect to start with. Nothing makes you feel as fabulous as rocking red lips. ;) It is fantastic for the upcoming party season. I really can't wait for their next collection! 
For the quality, pigmentation and staying power of these lipsticks, the price is really reasonable. It costs €11.99 and I give it a well deserved 10/10!


Have you tried any of the lipsticks from the Pure Reds collection? What did you think? Let me know below.
Thank you for reading, 
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

2 comments:

  1. This colour looks lovely on you, love a good red lippy. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete