Wednesday, 19 November 2014

La Roche Posay Toleraine dermo cleanser


Hey guys! Wanting a change from Lush's Aqua Marina (Which I love, but not for Winter) I was looking for a richer cleanser, and I read fantastic reviews on this La Roche Posay cleanser, so I decided to give it a try. It appealed to me because I love non chemical skin care, and this cleanser is fragrance, paraben, surfectant and preservative free. I wanted a soothing and hydrating cleanser for Winter, because I have combination skin, my dry patches can flare up. Because it's not a harsh formula, it is fantastic for sensitive skin and it suits all types of intolerant skin.


The La Roche Posay Toleraine cleanser is marketed as both a cleanser and a make-up remover. To use this, I just wet my face and massage it into my skin and leave it on for a minute or two, rinse clean and pat dry. I'm not so sure it should be marketed as a make-up remover fluid aswell, it removed 90% of my face make-up but not my eye make-up (which was just mascara) so before I use this, I would use a micellar water underneath. There's absolutely no smell off of this, which I love, because skincare with a heavy fragrance just really puts me off.
Honestly, I found this cleanser very... meh. It didn't do much or improve my skin in any noticeable way. It did keep my skin balanced, however it didn't help a breakout on my chin nor did I notice any change in my skin, and it didn't do much in the way of helping dry patches, I was disappointed because I read so many reviews that this cleanser did combat dry patches. I wish it improved or helped something on some level. I don't love this cleanser, I don't hate it. I simply feel meh about it. This is not the cleanser for me, I'll be switching back over to Clarins Gentle Foaming cleanser or Botanics Hot Cloth cleansing balm (which I am dying to try!) This would suit those with sensitive skin this just want their face cleaned, no frills. I definitely wouldn't repurchase this. I give it a 5/10 and it cost me €14.15, but you can get it for €10.90 in Boots.



Have you tried this cleanser before? What did you think? What are your meh products? Let me know below!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
4Kim. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ah I'm fussy with skincare anyway, I expect too much sometimes :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried First Aid Beauty's face cleanser? I find it works really well :) I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    Becky, x
    http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but I'll look it up :) and thank you for the nomination Becky :) x

      Delete