Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Jumping Juniper


Hi guys! While in Paris, I picked up a different shampoo bar along with my beloved repurchase, Seanik bar, for a change and try something new out. Because all the labels and descriptions were in French (I know basic French, but not enough) I barely understood what I was buying and got a little lost in translation, a mistake I won't make again. I usually do my research, but I was just so excited to see a Lush in Paris (Rue de Rivoli) ! Also, the Parisian Lush staff were so, so friendly with brilliant English. :) But I thought ''Oooh, a purple one!'' and snatched it up. I didn't realise Jumping Juniper was for oily hair! As a girl who's hair is so thick it almost swallowed a bobbin and who's hair is so thick that it formed a natural dreadlock once, haha, it didn't do much for me. My hair never gets greasy so I didn't find it particularly useful. After I dried my hair, I found it a bit of a nightmare to style and my hair didn't sit right and didn't have that natural bounce to it. It looked and felt really heavy and weighed down (though that could be down to the fact that I'm growing out my short layers to get a different style cut in but I don't have that problem with Seanik). Though it did soothe my scalp, added shine and really cleansed my hair properly.


The main ingredients in Jumping Juniper are: Lemon and Lime for shine and bounce. Lavender and Rosemary for soothing the scalp, balancing the oil production and proper conditioning of the hair. Juniperberry oil to decongest oil build up and acts as a natural astringent. Just because it didn't work well for me, doesn't mean it won't work wonders for others with different hair. I fell this would work best for those who have lank, flat, oily fine hair who want to take the oiliness out of their hair and add bounce and life back into with and a lovely shine (the nice kind ;)) 
I wouldn't repurchase this, through no fault of the product, but my own. Always do your research. I give this a 5/10. This cost me €9.90 but they usually cost me €7.97 in Dublin.
Have you ever bought something that didn't work for you because of language? Let me know below! 
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

6 comments:

  1. I think this would work really well for my hair as it is quite oily and fine which makes it lay flat!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the kind of hair it would work best with :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to grab a product that won't quite work for you:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! :( Especially when it looks and smells so nice x

      Delete
  4. Very lemony lime, I love the smell too :) x

    ReplyDelete