Friday, 21 November 2014

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Waterproof mascara

Hey guys! I have been on the lookout for an alternative for my Benefit They're Real! mascara, and I have read so many of the rave reviews on this Bourjois mascara, and I couldn't wait to try it, and I found the waterproof version, even better! This mascara wand has the standard barrel brush with little spikes all over it so it can cover the smallest of lashes. The wand covers each lash, even the smallest ones and only one coat of mascara is needed, which is brilliant! This mascara really volumises and lengthens my lashes. It's a really dark black mascara so it adds a nice bit of drama to my lashes. Compared to They're Real! it's not a really wet mascara so it dries quickly, which I love. At the end of the day, using micellar water, it is super easy to remove 100%, so you don't get panda eyes the next morning!


With the 1 Seconde mascara, there is no irritation. With They're Real! the mascara really started to irritate and sting my eyes. It also started to and created a black shadow under my waterline. As much as I love the Benefit mascara, but the irritation and the price tag, I won't be buying it again, as much as I love it. This mascara feels really easy and weightless on my eye lashes, so I think this mascara would suit sensitive eyes really well! I love the packaging, with the mirror effect, it's packaging looks and feels quite luxe. There is a stopper at the top of the tube, so it takes away any excess mascara so you don't need to apply more than you need. When twisting the wand back on, listen for a click, this will tell you it's properly shut, so it won't dry out on you, which I loved so much! The Bourjois 1 Seconde mascara has become a daily staple in my make-up routine. It's no hassle, effortless, weightless, and overall, just works well for me!  This in my opinion, would be a great alternative for a more expensive mascara, or if you're broke. This mascara cost me €12.99 and I would 100% repurchase! I give it a 10/10.


Have you tried this mascara? What did you think of it? Let me know below!
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I haven't tried this mascara yet but it sounds really nice :)
    Ana Céline Labod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. :) It is a great little mascara :)

      Delete
  2. this sounds great! i need to pick it up i think

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. if you want to, enter my christmas giveaway to win £660+ worth of beauty products! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend was just trying to talk me into buying this and now I am seriously considering it! Thanks and nice post :)

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an all rounder. :) Thank you Emily :) x

      Delete
  4. This is one my current faves mascara's, I love it! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great mascara, I'll have to try it! Loving the luxe packaging :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the packaging, kind of reminds of slightly of They're Real from Benefit :) x

      Delete