Tuesday, 23 September 2014

The blogger made me buy it!

Hi guys! Since I've started blogging, I didn't realise how expensive beauty blogging could be, but so fun, interesting and worthwhile! Money well spent, if you ask me. After finding some really fabulous bloggers and some, who's opinion on a product I take quite seriously and trust their judgement 100%! The bloggers who recommended these products to me are those who's opinion I take seriously and through their reviews, have led me to find some true gems and repurchases! Most below have reviews already, which I'll link, so I'll refrain from going into too much detail. So let's get started!

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil.
Recommended to me by the fabulous Leanne Woodfull over at Thunder and Threads in one of her posts, L'oreal's extraordinary oil has really done wonders for my hair! As I'm trying to grow my hair incredibly long, I need to sort out my dry, damaged ends. After using this oil for a while, it reduced my split ends, added fantastic shine to my hair and gave it an overall healthier appearance. My bottle is almost gone, but I will 100% repurchase! I got this on sale for €8.99.


Revlon Colourburst crayon.
Not necessarily recommended to me by anyone. During the Summer, the blogosphere was all a buzz over these little beauties. I just had to pick one up. I got one in a coral shade. I loved it! Long wearing, highly pigmented and eye catching. I can't wait to pick up another one of these in a more Autumnal shade for the coming months! Here's my review on the Revlon Colourburst Crayon in more detail. 


Botanics Hydrating eye cream.
My first ever eye cream was recommended to me by Danielle over at The Imperfect Beauty Queen and I don't think I could be without an eye cream again! A more in depth review of Botanics eye cream can be found here. It's done a great job at hydrating and smoothing the texture of the skin under my eyes and making me look awake. The skin under my eyes also looks brighter. This cost me €14.99 at Boots.


Real Techniques Core Brush Collection.
I invested in the Real Techniques Core Brush Collection by Sam and Nic Chapman after reading a review by Essie Button. I wanted 4 base brushes for my face and I heard many fantastic reviews on them, but Essie Button's review is the one that cinched it for me! It includes a detailer brush, a foundation brush, a contour brush and a buffing brush. They are fabulous brushes, so soft and plush with a handy travel case. They create a flawless finish and haven't shed a hair and I've had them since July. You can find my review on these brushes here. They cost me €28.99.


Urban Decay All Nighter Make-Up Setting Spray.
Out of all my favourite bloggers, I take Makeup Monster's opinion on beauty products the most seriously. I trust her judgement so much. So when she wrote a review on the Urban Decay spray, I had to pick it up and give it a go! It was my favourite purchase of the Summer. It did such an amazing job of holding my make-up together through sweltering heat, exercise and running all about town. It made me more confident in my make-up throughout the day and this, will be a constant repurchase! My detailed review of it is here. It cost me €12 at Debenhams.


Mac Lightscapade.
Another recommendation from Makeup Monster. I will have a review on this in the next week or two. I wanted this for months and when I had the money, I splurged on it, popping my Mac cherry! I already had a well formed opinion on it. Waiting months for this, I have to say, it did not disappoint! It is the perfect highlighter for us very pale girls. It cost me €29 in the MAC store in Paris.


And there you have it, what the blogger made me buy! I'm absolutely sure you all will convince me to buy more in the future, and I can't wait. ;) What have bloggers convinced you to buy in the past? Let me know below! 
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

6 comments:

  1. Aww that's so sweet, there's nothing nicer you can read as a blogger that someone trusts your posts!! Now you need the Guerlain Meteorites and you're set :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I read your post on it this morning and it's on the wishlist! They look like sweets :D x

      Delete
  2. Awh thanks for mentioning me hun! I love these kinds of posts!:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to! :) So do I, I find many great bloggers this way :) x

      Delete
  3. The MAC Highlighter looks great! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete