Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Toni and Guy sea salt spray


Hi guys! I hope you are all well. Today I will be reviewing the Toni and Guy sea salt spray. I have bought sprays, serums, shampoos and conditioners from the Toni and Guy range before, and I love the range alot. So, when I made the choice to stop straightening my hair so much, I knew I would have to get my hands on a decent sea salt spray. As I trust Toni and Guy, I decided to pick up their own brand of sea salt spray. I usually straighten my hair, but as I am trying to grow it down to my thighs and have it in the healthiest condition possible, I needed to stop straightening it so much and let it be for a while. Naturally, my hair is very thick and wavy, and with this spray, I wanted to achieve relaxed, loose, beachy waves. So how I tried to achieve this was working with my hair when I just got out of the shower. I brushed through my hair, sprayed the sea salt spray through, took sections of my hair and plaited them all over my head, even the short layers on top. When that was done, I sprayed some more of the spray through and let it dry naturally. Then I finish it off in the morning with two drops of L'Oreal's Extraordinary Oil for control and shine. In the morning, I took out the plaits and this is what I was left with:

I had a nicer, more detailed photo that showed off the texture of this spray. However, my memory card corrupted and I can't get to it. So this selfie from Instagram may do.

This sea spray claims to ''Create texture and body with light hold. Suitable for creating a lived in, beach look'' It states to use it from root to tip on towel dried hair. However, I think it works best on wet hair and when it's completely dry, for extra hold, instead of hairspray, for more natural movement. I really liked this spray alot! It wasn't too sticky, it gave fantastic texture with light hold. It didn't make my hair feel lank or greasy either! However, I wouldn't use this spray alot, as the amount of salt in it will definitely dry it out! It smells gorgeous, like the sea, which I really love. It didn't weigh my hair down and it's a more preferable alternative to a heavier feeling curl mousse or cream.



I think the Toni and Guy sea salt spray may work best with those who already have wavy/curly hair that is thick as it'll be less likely to weigh down the hair and making it feel greasy. I would definitely repurchase this sea salt spray again! I bought the travel sized version of this spray for an unbelievably fantastic price of €1.92. The 200ml bottle costs €9.49. I know this spray will last me ages. I give this an 8/10!
Do you use sea salt spray? Which is your favourite?
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

5 comments:

  1. this sounds really nice and it looks amazing :D the one i have smells nothing like the sea so i'll have to buy this one :O x lashingsofmascaraon.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you buy it, it really hope you like it! It's a lovely spray :)

      Delete
  2. Shall this be your Paris look? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps! The thought of straightening my hair every two days isn't the best when all I'll want to do is go out there and explore!

    ReplyDelete