Tuesday, 20 May 2014

What I'm loving lately

Hey everyone! How are we all doing on this merry Tuesday? Today I thought I'd do a post on the things I am loving and using alot lately. I hope you like this post. I will get back to my beauty reviews hopefully next week. :)

Make-up- When I got Benetint in my Benefit Groovy-Kind-A-Love make-up set, it didn't exactly wow me, but after using it with my lovely Make-Up Academy stippling brush, I am loving it more and it's alot easier to apply. A few drops of it on the apples of my cheeks, it gives off a gorgeous, rosy look that lasts all day and it completely weather proof! I use this on my lips too over a gloss (as it can be quite drying on the lips) if I want to tone it down. It's a versatile make-up product to have in your bag, but I would use it with a stippling brush as it is a tint and will dry in an instant.

Book-  I have an absolutely unconditional love for the genius that is Mr. Tim Burton. I've adored this book for ages now, but I had to share it with you guys! I love every movie I've seen that he's illustrated or directed. He can do no wrong. One of my favourite Tim Burton masterpieces is his poetry book, The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy. It's funny, quirky, the illustration is adorable, very classic Tim Burton, who both wrote and illustrated The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy. The poems follow a similar theme of hybrid children who take the forms of food, shellfish, mummies, robots, anchors, to name just a few. These children are strange and misunderstood by those who are normal, and we get to hear in some poems of the strife the parents of these strange children feel. There are funny poems, but sad too, like, The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy, Junk Girl and Anchor Baby. My favourites in this brilliant book of poetry are: The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy, Voodoo Girl, Anchor Baby and Brie Boy. If you're looking for poetry with a difference, give this gem a whirl!




Songs-  


Bullet With Butterfly Wings- Smashing Pumpkins


Hey Now! - Oasis


My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark- Fall Out Boy



Doing Time- Avenged Sevenfold (These lads are brilliant live!)

Scent- Thierry Mugler Alien D'eclat en Spray. Courtesy of my mam who went to London and brought me back this gorgeous body spray back from the duty free. This can be used as a deodorant, but I think it's way too nice for that, so I use it as a body spray. I am no good at describing smells, so I turn to my friend, Google. Alien is a rich, floral, woody scent that contains jasmine sambac, cashmeran wood and white amber.  It has a certain spice to it aswell. In my own words, it just smells sexy (I have a way with words) very dark, deep, strong, not too feminine nor masculine. I think it's best worn on a night out.



App- For you fitness fiends out there, or novices wanting to lose some weight, but don't have too much time on your hands. Seven is a fantastic app I am after coming across just very recently. For a full body circuit that only takes seven minutes, this app has kicked my ass. It's intense and be prepared to sweat. You can adjust how many circuits you do, to suit your own schedule. The exercises include: jumping jacks, wall sit, push-ups, crunches (I still can barely do), step-ups, squats, triceps dips, plank, high knee running in place, lunges, push ups with rotation and side plank. It really works the stomach muscles, and you will feel the burn, brilliant! (once you get past the ''I'm dead'' phase). The one thing I am not crazy about this app is that you have to pay for additional exercises that focus on separate areas like arms and legs. You also have to pay for an instructor instead of a voice over, which are: Drill Sergeant, Kung-Fu master, Cheerleader and Hippy, ah well. Fantastic app otherwise!  




What are you loving lately? Let me know below. :)
Thank you all for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love Benetint on the lips! Gives such a lovely Rose colour :)

    Lovely post!

    Katie Loves | UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    BlogLovin' : Katie Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely choices I've always wanted to try that Alien scent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You should try and get a small sample :)

    ReplyDelete