Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Perfect Sundays - Glenbarrow

Hi all! I hope you're all doing well and had a great, chocolate filled Easter! Two Sundays ago, I had one of those Sundays that seemed so perfect and lovely and I thought I'd share what I did with you guys and a few photos I took! I went to a gorgeous place in Clonaslee, Co.Laois, a 20 minute drive where I live, Glenbarrow. Near the Slieve Bloom mountains in the middle of Ireland.




I took the perfect opportunity to get snapping and the place is so absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. As a nature lover, I completely fell in love with the place! When we got to Glenbarrow, we took one of the many walking trails Glenbarrow offers and it was a lovely, peaceful 40 minute walk there and 40 minutes back.




We were surrounded by fantastic tall trees, wonderful flora and fauna and one of the main attractions to Glenbarrow-  the waterfalls. I felt so in my element, as I was surrounded by nature. Though a walking trail was designed for walkers, it seemed so untouched by man. I felt peaceful and calm. I really didn't want to leave! If you were ever visiting the midlands in Ireland, I would highly recommend a visit to Glenbarrow.



It was really a perfect way to spend a Sunday and a lovely change to the norm. As an avid traveller to be, someone who is dying to explore the world around her, I have to say, it's exciting to explore your own back yard! I adore nature, walking and exploring, this was the perfect place for me to be. I can't wait to go back!




What's your favourite way to spend a Sunday? Let me know below. :)
Thanks for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

3 comments:

  1. Awh, I love this so much! I had a day like that during half term and I never got round to blogging about it! It's lovely to get a little snapshot of your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. :) I love blogs like that so I thought I'd do one myself. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, those pictures are so stunning! I live just outside of Laoise and had no idea something this pretty is right at my back door, I HAVE to go there! How lovely :)

    ReplyDelete