Monday, 24 March 2014

30 Beauty Questions Tag

     Hi there everyone! How are you all on this wonderful Monday? That's not even sarcasm, I'm feeling    pretty good today! As you may know, if you read my blog regularly, I love to do tag posts. It's a nice  break up from the usual and you get to find out more about the person behind the blog, it gets people     involved to do the tag on their own page, and I just plain love to fill stuff out, like surveys and what have you. Above all else, it's fun! I found this one floating around somewhere on the Interwebz. Enjoy!


1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
As far back as I can remember, I have always had make-up around the place. When I was just a little one, I used to get the play make-up that you could get in the pound shop. I think when I was 9, I bought a gold glitter eyeliner, the first ''proper'' bit of make-up I got was a lime green eye shadow from Bourjois. ''Why lime green?'' I think to myself, haha. :)
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I don't care for thick eyelashes. I love a nice mascara that will lengthen and make my lashes even blacker. A nice mascara that won't dry, flake, or clump on me. The closest I've gotten is Rimmel's Lash Accelerator mascara 

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I like a nice bit of coverage to cover any imperfections and my dreaded freckles and redness. I don't like it too heavy though, that I can feel it sitting on my face.

4. Favorite high end brand?
I wish I had the money to try more high end products. I end up going high end for skin care more so. Clarins and Benefit I suppose. DNKY for perfume.

5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't? 
Loads! NARS, Bioderma, Clinique, NYX, YSL. Money is the only thing holing me back. :(

6. Favorite drugstore brand?
Rimmel! Such good quality make-up for so cheap. :)

7. Do you wear fake eyelashes? 
I have once or twice and I loved them! I absoltely cannot hack them. They are so difficult to do. So for special occasions, I'll break out They're Real! by Benefit. Just as good.



8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
Concealer concealer concealer.

9. What is your most cherised beauty product?

POREfessional by Benefit. I think once you have a nice base, it makes all the difference. It's the best!

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Depends what's in, really. I have to say, I get at least one new make-up item a week. 

11. Do you have a "beauty budget" or you spend freely? 
I have to have a budget or I'll spend too much on make-up!

12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
If I can, I will! I always have my eyes peeled for a sale or on deals around.

13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I love lipsticks so much! So probably those. :)



14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?
I don't think there's a brand I ''Can't stand'''. Unpopular opinion, but I think MAC is way too overpriced and there's plenty of make-up out there that's the same and does the job, without the hefty price tag.

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
I do! My big ingredients to avoid would be sulfates, parabens, alcohol and sodium laurel sulfate. I try to avoid products that are animal tested, too.

16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Debenhams in Dublin have everything!

17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I have a strict skincare routine, but I do like to experiment around with promising skincare products.

18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Lush, without a doubt in my mind! I love Soap and Glory too.

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Rimmel.

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Benefit! It's absolutely beautiful and unique. 



21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Dita Von Teese. <3



22Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
I don't think so? I find out about new make-up and the likes via Bloglovin'. :)

23. 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
Michelle Phan, BeautyCrush, Zoella and Coleyyyful.

24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
I think they're pretty meh, to be honest. They dry way too quickly to blend.

25. Are you clumsy in putting makeup?
Eye make-up, yes. I'm really trying to get good at it.

26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I don't. I should though, probably.

27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Lets see... on a normal day where I'm not washing my hair, I just use a hair oil. When I wash it, shampoo, conditioner and a straightener. Once a week I'll use a hair mask.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation then concealer. I feel it works better for me personally.

29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
If I had the money, I would take ALL the beauty classes!

30. What do you love about makeup?
I love everything about it! It completes a look. You can do so much with it. With it, you can design yourself however you like, try out loads of new looks. It brings confidence and creativity and I just love to experiment with it. It can transform you completely! 



Thank you all for reading! Feel free to put this on your own blog, and link me to it if you've done so, I'd love to read them! 
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

4 comments:

  1. Great tag, I love Debenhams too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever watched Fleur de Force's videos on youtube? I love them, even though I'm not normally into beauty as a hobby. Might be worth looking at if you haven't already :)

    www.2013unluckyforsome.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete