Sunday, 12 January 2014

Review - Lush's Grease Lightning and Mask of Magnaminty

Hi guys! I hope you're all having a good weekend. :) On Monday, myself, my mam and sister went up to Dublin for a spot of well deserved retail therapy, and I bought quite a bit. As usual, I went to Lush, and I bought 2 products there I heard very positive things about, and it seemed like my skin needed them! So I bought Mask of Magnaminty and Grease Lightning! My skin type is normal to combination. I don't get too many spots (thank god) but when I do, do they stick around and take 2-3 weeks to leave! In the end, I get frustrated and try to get rid of it, leaving some scarring. When I explained this to one of the Lush workers, he recommended Grease Lightning, a spot treatment. I looked up Mask of Magnaminty myself, and it seemed like the best kind for my skin. 

Mask of Magnaminty
A face mask packed with some fantastic and soothing ingredients. Peppermint oil to stimulate blood flow and gets dirt and debris out of your pores. Crushed up aduki beans to exfoliate, vanilla to calm redness, honey to soothe and primrose oil for healing dry skin. Mask of Magnaminty claims to fight eruptions and breakouts, leaving skin in tip top condition. I think this mask is absolutely amazing! The best mask I've tried from Lush. I have noticed it made my skin look alot calmer, fresher and it really woke it up. It calmed any redness I had, and it made me feel alot more awake in the morning time. It also left it soft and radiant, not only for an hour or two afterwards, but a day or two after. It's hydrating and made my skin alot healthier looking. The aduki beans gave it a coarse texture, but not rough. It's a green colour, it's very easy to glide on the skin. When it goes on, your skin with feel very cold, and very, very tingly. The smell is gorgeous, very fresh and minty. It might not everyone's cup of tea, but I love that feeling, it feels like the mask is really getting in there and doing something. At €12.75 for 315g, it's absolutely worth it! As it has an expiry date of four months, I would watch out for that. I use this three or four times a week. 10/10.




Grease Lightning
A powerful vegan spot treatment. Full of natural ingredients that won't irritate your skin. Aloe Vera to soothe and moisturise, seaweed, thyme, rosemary and tea tree herbs work as an antiseptic, grape juice to cool and calm the skin, and witch hazel helps broken blood vessels shrink and contract. Grease Lightning claims to get rid of blemishes and spots before they pop up and stop spots in their tracks. For ages now, I have been looking out for a decent, affordable spot treatment, and I finally found it! I pop this on every morning at night as part of my cleansing routine. When one for those spots that stay around for 2-3 weeks popped up, I applied some of this on, and I noticed the redness had disappeared and the size had halved overnight! I kept putting it on, and in about four days, the spot is almost gone, delighted! You won't notice an instant result, but over a few days, it will be gone if you get the same stubborn spots as I do, you will be very happy! The treatment doesn't interfere with the skin around it either, a bonus. Something I really like about this treatment is that it's clear and it's not noticeable at all. The texture is quite jelly like and gloopy, which can be slightly awkward to apply sometimes. The smell is antiseptic and the strongest smell in it would be the aloe vera and the tea tree oil, which I love. Grease Lightning comes in a pump bottle, which to be honest, I am not a huge fan of at all. You can't just pump out a little bit at a time, it comes out in one spurt, which is more than I need. I don't quite remember the price of this, but it costs roughly around €8 something, which is so well worth it for what is does and for 45g. Because there is mostly fresh ingredients in this, it has an expiry date of one year, which isn't too bad at all. I love this and I would definitely buy it again! 9/10.  




I hope you all liked my Lush reviews, and I realise I have yet to get a decent camera for my blog photos, I have to shop around for one in my budget. :)
Thank you all for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

6 comments:

  1. Obsessed with face masks at the moment - I'll have to pop into lush! :)

    Fairytale Kiss

    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love Lush! I don't know how I got into it but I don't regret discovering it.
    Make sure to check out my blog!
    majotron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete