Tuesday, 14 January 2014

My picks for best dressed at the Golden Globes 2014.

Hi guys! I hope you are all doing well. :) I am so excited to write this post, I absolutely adore clothes and fashion, but I rarely get to write about it in my blog! So as I am watching the Golden Globes right now, I thought I would take the opportunity write up a post on my own choices for best dressed at the 2014 Golden Globes. I always look forward more to the Red Carpet on E!, where they interview the celebrities and ask them that very famous question ''Who are you wearing?'' Anyway, here are my choices. :)

Jennifer Lawrence

The dress that sparked off dozens on Twitter to cover themselves with a duvet and two belts, and in some cases, their pets. I adore Jennifer Lawrence's dress! She kept it simple with white and I love the two black sashes on the dress, it makes the dress more interesting. The small addition of black makes this gown even more elegant and classic. I like how she kept the jewellery interesting and I love the lip colour too. The Dior gown is a great fit on Jennifer Lawrence, who snapped up a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress for her role of Rosalyn Rosenfeld in American Hustle.

Kate Beckinsale

My absolute favourite dress of the night! Kate Beckinsale wowed everybody on the red carpet by wearing a super flattering, figure hugging Zuhair Marud dress. I love everything about this dress, it shows off Kate's fantastic body, the sweetheart neckline, and the fishtail hemline, which bombarded the 2013 Golden Globes. I love the futuristic feel to this dress, this gown is like liquid on Kate. She paired this dress with a black box clutch, stunning diamond earrings. She had her hair styled into a messy, yet polished side bun, and the make-up featured a smokey eye, a flawless complexion, and a natural lipgloss. Well done Kate! Amazing look!

Camila Alves

Matthew McConaughey took his gorgeous Brazilian model wife, Camila Alves to the Golden Globes (Sure who else would he take if he didn't want to sleep on the couch?) Camila wore this stunning and flattering Dolce and Gabbana black sequined floor length guna. This dress hugs Camila in a the right places and it really accentuates her phenomenal curves. This dress was meant for her. I am a massive fan of the colour black and because it's completely covered in sequins, the lights really hit off it, making it perfect for an awards ceremony. I adore this dress. :)

Cate Blanchett

This dress is perfection! I love the black, the lace, the way that it's not completely opaque, the hemline and the neckline. Cate picked a dress that thought outside the lines and it looks absolutely AMAZING on her. This suits her so well. My favourite thing about this stunning Armani Prive dress is the lace and the transparency. Cate, who walked away with a Golden Globe for Best Actress for a drama in Blue Jasmine, wore this dress with simple diamond earrings, red lipstick and a soft curl up style. The hair and make-up put with this dress, gives a beautiful, old Hollywood feel.

Olivia Wilde

At a first glance, I had no idea Olivia was pregnant. It seems like there was alot of pregnant women on the carpet this year I noticed, haha. Olivia wore a stunning sequin floor length deep green dress by Gucci. I think it's quite similar to Camila Alves Dolce and Gabanna dress. First of all I adore that deep green colour, it goes perfectly with her ombre curled hair. Olivia looks nothing short of beautiful and it's a very flattering dress for her shape. The light hit the sequins perfectly when she was up on stage. The silver clutch is gorgeous, especially with this dress.

Margot Robbie

Dress aside, how stunning is Margot Robbie?! The flawless, natural make-up and the simple up do is beautiful. The natural look really goes well with this very pale pastel pink (I thought it was white at first). The plunging, floor length, high slit Gucci dress. If you look closely, you'll see a pair of deep green peep toe heels, which added a unique edge to a natural and polished look. Margot looks fantastic! 

Kelly Osbourne


As much as I loved Kelly O's gorgeous Escada gown, the dress is not the reason that I picked her as one of my best dressed. The hair, the make-up, the nails and the rings is why I loved her on the red carpet! I think it all brings the outfit together. Her hair is styled into a really nice slicked back wet look style. Her make-up was done by MAC, giving her flawless skin and a tidy thick eyeliner. The nails are black and gold to match the dress. The rings, she has one on almost every finger. I love this look altogether. It's edgy and fun and that definitely stood out to me!

I really loved and enjoyed writing this post! Hopefully I'll get to write more like this in the future.
Who were your Golden Globes best dressed? 
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVED Kate Beckinsdale's too, was on my own list! Jennifer Lawrence's wasn't to my taste but she could wear anything and I'd still love her. Great post x

    www.doseofpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both looked so amazing, everyone did! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  2. Great picks, I totally love that Kate Beckinsdale's dress, looks gorgeous on her! xx

    FASHIONARTED
    http://www.fashionarted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I couldn't believe how absolutely stunning she looked, I've seen nothing like that dress before :)

      Delete
  3. Great post! I loved all these dresses too! I didn't get to watch the award show, so this is awesome to see. Lovely blog. :)

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh :( I look forward to the awards show every year :) and thank you :) x

      Delete