Monday, 4 November 2013

The Best And Worst October Products


Hi guys! I hope you are all having a great afternoon! Now that we're into November, and Winter, my favourite season ever, I thought I'd do a blog on two products I bought at the start of October. One I love and one I found absolutely useless! So, lets just dive into it!

Best- Andrew Barton The Straight Answer Hot Iron Protection Spray
I really loved this heat protection spray, I try to look after my hair as best as I can, but sometimes I either curl, straighten or blow dry my hair so a heart protection spray is a necessity. I tried a heat protection hair mask from the Andrew Barton range, which I adored, so I thought I would try another product from the range again. I love the packaging for the Andrew Barton range, not too girly and the colours stand out, so I love that. It can be used on wet and dry hair, so it protects against hair dryers too, but I try to completely air dry my hair, so I only take 5 minutes with a cool setting on the hair dryer, so I only really use it for curling and straightening, but I'll try to get into the habit of using it when I dry my hair. It really protects the hair, and that's really obvious, after I style my hair, it looks healthy smooth and the ends don't look frazzled at all. It leaves my hair shiny, soft and very smooth. Another thing I love about this spray is that is doesn't leave your hair feeling sticky like other sprays might. The smell is absolutely gorgeous aswell, quite fresh and like sweets, and the smell stays after you style your hair, and makes your room smell beautiful in the process! It is so cheap aswell! At around 5 euro, this is so well worth it! 10/10. I would definitely repurchase.

Worst - La Roche Posay Themal Spring Water
 Now, it's not that I hate this product, I just found that for me, it was absolutely useless. That being said, that might not be the case for you. I found it to be incredibly over-hyped. I wanted to try it though, with 33% off, this came to almost €7, not worth the money, at all. It seems to be one of those fad type products. It did absolutely nothing for my skin. It claims to be softening, which I do not think is true. It was just like spraying normal water on your face, nothing special, no luxury feeling. The woman at the counter told me it would work like a toner, which it doesn't. All it really did was cool my skin a little, and even at that, my cheap Garnier toner did a hell of a better job at that. The spray does not sink in whatsoever either. It seems like a completely unnecessary step in the face cleansing routine. Do yourself a favour and save your money and buy a decent toner instead. I might just use it to soothe my upcoming tattoo chances are that Bepanthen will work alot better anyways. I really expected alot better from this brand, I won't be repurchasing. 2/10. 

I hope you liked this blog, and any feedback is appreciated. I would just like say that a few days ago, my blog hit 800 views! Not only that, but I have been getting more comments on my posts and great feedback, so thank you all so much for taking the time to read my posts and comment, it's such a confidence boost and helps keep me going. So thank you all for the support :) and don't forget to follow me. :)
Thank you again for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

6 comments:

  1. I found the Thermal Water incredibly helpful in Japan, as the humidity + the fact that stress causes me to break out in hives gave me unbearably itchy and rash-y skin. It was brilliant for me in that it cooled and eased my irritated skin. That said, it's probably pretty useless for people without this problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiiiiii Caoimhe :) maybe it works better for irritation and the like, but the was it was put and advertised it was like a purely skincare (face) product :P

      Delete
  2. Ahh it's a shame you didn't like the La Roche Posay Themal Spring Water. It sucks when products just don't do anything, i mean what a waste of money! Glad you liked the heat protectio spray though, so it's not all bad :D

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah :( I'm sure it doesn't represent the brand as a whole, but I was expecting more from them. I loved the spray though I'd highly recommend it :)

      Delete
  3. The hot iron spray sounds great, it's a shame about the La Roche Posay spray :( x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had high hopes for it :( but I loved the spray :)

      Delete