Thursday, 7 November 2013

A Bit More About Me - A Quick Update


Hi guys! I hope you're all having a wonderful day as always. :) At the weekend, I bought a good few beauty products as Winter has finally arrived, I needed some to get me through what's usually a really harsh Winter weather wise. But at the moment, I'm trying them all out and gathering my thoughts on them for you guys for review posts next week, I need to give them time to work their magic before reporting back. So today, instead of a beauty post, I thought I'd share a bit more about myself with you guys. :)
If you know me, you will know how much I adore baking. I learned how to bake from my mother when I was three, I would help her in the kitchen bake everything from scones, cakes, tarts, crumbles, cookies and cupcakes. She learned how to bake from her mother and so on. It wasn't untill I was seventeen though that I decided I wanted to be a chef, so when I went to college, I did a 2 year full time course in Culinary Arts, I graduated with a Higher Certificate - and with good grades. As much as I loved the course, it was there I decided I did not want to be a chef, but I got more and more passionate with baking. Now, I hope to open my own coffee shop with my own baking with a Round The World theme and live music at night time sometime in the future. Along with beauty and fashion, baking is my biggest passion. (I rhyme too) Since I was very young, one of my biggest dreams has been to travel the world, hence the Round The World theme.
I guess why I felt the need to say this here is because, there will be a slight change in my blog posts, I will continue to write about beauty mostly, but the odd blog I will be posting pictures, recipes and methods here for you to try yourself at home! I think it will be a welcome change! :)
On Monday, I saw one of the bloggers I follow on here, Beauty and the Baker, had a guest blogger, Gillian from Always Unrepresentable, put up an amaaazing recipe from Nutella chocolate chip cookies, and I just had to try them! You can find the recipe here. http://beautyandthebakerblog.blogspot.ie/2013/11/nutella-chocolate-chip-cookies.html How delicious do they look?! So yesterday, I gave the recipe a whirl myself, and I took some photos:





They tasted amazing! They had that unmistakable taste of Nutella, they were gooey and crunchy, the perfect cookie. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try for yourself! They went down nice with a cold glass of milk. :) 

I hope this change I'm making to my blog is a move in the right direction, I think it is, and I hope you will all love my recipe posts to come in the future. I will be back with a beauty post or two next week, so stay tuned and keep reading.
Thank you all for reading, 
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

6 comments: