Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara review

Hi guys! I hope you are all having a wonderful day! I've had a really productive day, got alot done, aaaaand I baked some jam and cream buns and melted Oreo Dairy Milk bar buttercream buns, I wasn't too arsed piping like I usually do, but my god, they.are.delicious. Anyway, back to what I wanted to talk about, today I'll be reviewing the Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara for you guys. :)


The reviews I've heard about this mascara are fairy balanced, on the one hand, people loved how it didn't clump and added volume, but on the other hand I heard it was ''too wet'' and made their eyelashes fall out! Yikes! I decided to give it a go though, as I really wanted to invest in a decent, everyday mascara, I want to keep my mini tube of Benefit's ''They're Real'' for special occasions and going out. This cost me an okay price of €9.99, I've never been one to spend alot on mascara, I always just went with the Essence range, which I love, but I wanted to try something that bit more special ''I'll review it!'' is how I justified it, though compared to the price of other mascaras, it wasn't too bad at all. 
First, I absolutely adore the packaging. black and yellow together with holographic writing? I loved it! It's so gorgeous looking, I spent ages looking at it in the shop, I was so drawn to it. The wand is skinny, but it gets the job done, and quite well, I may add. 


I loved this mascara, I really did. It gave me really nice, noticeably longer lashes, and they separated really nicely and gave fantastic definition to my lashes. This mascara can be built up to two or three coats and they will look great - without that whole spider lashes look some mascaras can give you. I do see where other people are coming from when they say the formula is ''too wet'' it takes a while to dry, and my lashes didn't look all that thicker and voluminous, but that's not a bad thing for me. They look so nice, and natural, but also look like I could have eyelash extensions in. I really love this mascara alot. I've also noticed how easy the mascara is to get off. It's long wearing, and it doesn't flake or clump, that's a massive bonus! 



                                             (Before and after. I plan to invest in a decent camera that will actually upload photos to my laptop)

I love this mascara alot, it was exactly what I needed and was looking for in a mascara, I would repurchase this again and again, I would recommend it to anyone looking for really long and natural looking lashes that can be built up as much as you like. Keeping in mind it didn't volumise much for me, though it may volumise for you, but that wasn't such a big deal for me, I give this mascara an 9/10!
I am really sorry about the photo quality, I will try to work on it :( here, have an apology bun. ;)


Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

04/11/2013 Update: I forgot to mention in this post that this mascara has something in it called ''Lash grow complex'' and since using it for a few weeks, I have really noticed some proper growth in my natural lashes!

3 comments:

  1. im loving the sound of this product, im so fussy with mascara and always hunting for the perfect one! may have to give this a go!! xx
    http://ellaurabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give this a try! :) I forgot to mention that it has ''lash grow complex'' in it, and I've actually noticed some growth my my own lashes, I love it! :)

      Delete
    2. ive put it on my wish list, roll on payday!! haha I have pretty long eyelashes already so really excited to try this!! :)

      Delete