Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Lush Haul!

Hi guys! Today I will be doing a Lush haul! Lush has got to be my favourite shop, ever! Whenever I make the trip up to Dublin I always go straight to Grafton street and go to Lush, I love the place so much! Most of their products are either vegan or vegetarian and they are against animal testing, usually testing on human volunteers instead of animals, as a vegetarian for eleven years and a lifetime animal lover, this is fantastic for me. The staff are so friendly and knowledgeable and really go the extra mile to help their customers, without any of that sales pitch pressure to buy something. Their products are the best I've ever used for me personally, especially with their skincare range. Fantastic products that are animal friendly? It really is the best of both worlds. I went to Dublin last week with a friend of mine last week, as I only get to go to Dublin every now and then, I bought nothing the week before so I could spend what I wanted in Lush, and I have some gorgeous products to review for you all! 
1) Aqua Marina- I have been doing a cleanse, tone, moisturise routine for six years now, and this is hands down the best cleanser I have ever used in that time! It clears up my skin so well, gets rid of blemishes, brings spots straight to the surface so it I can get rid of it before long, leaves my skin so soft and glowing, my skin has never been in better condition since I started using it! The smell is really nice, but it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I think it smells like the sea, I love the smell. Its a solid yet squishy in texture. I wet my hands, pinch some off in and put it on my hand and mix it with water to make a paste and spread it all over my face. It's vegan and free of preservatives, so you know you're not putting anything nasty on your face. It has Irish moss gel, calamine powder and fine sea salt, it makes for a lovely, soothing cleanser, great for sensitive skin in particular! I cannot recommend Aqua Marina enough! It costs a fantastic €7.95, well worth it! 10/10.


2) Ocean salt - I've been on the lookout for a decent face scrub for ages and that's what I found in Lush, especially with a more than likely harsh Winter, will take it's toll on your skin, mine has been known to really dry up during the Winter, and it looks and feels really awful, not fun. It's a vegetarian scrub (yay). There is some ingredients in here I'm really fond of, the coconut and lime gives it a really gorgeous smell, like cocktails and holidays. The sea salt gently exfoliates and the avocado butter is really moisturising and leaves your skin really soft. I was really delighted with the results of Ocean Salt, it left my skin soft, invigorated, glowing and brighter. It got rid of the dead skin. Ir such a refreshing scrub and it reminds me of Spain, such a lovely scrub altogether. :) this cost me €9.20, again, well worth it! 10/10.

3) The Sacred Truth - The Sacred Truth is one of Lush's lovely face masks, and I'm a big fan (surprise, surprise). This face mask includes ginseng and green tea (which I drink all the time) work as antioxidants. The coconut oil, free range eggs and shea butter make it so moisturising and softening. The texture is so lovely too, like a thick yoghurt, very silky and smooth, the smell is very fresh, no doubt due to all that papaya in it. I use this once or twice a week, I spread it all over my face, leave it on for around 20 minutes ans wash it off with warm water. I was happy with the results of The Sacred Truth, it left my skin soft and glowing, bright and brought spots out quicker so they could be gone quicker. The only thing I would be wary of with the face masks is the because of the food in the face masks, they have to be used within a month, and alot could go to waste if it isn't used in time. As much as I loved the results, I wasn't gone at all on the smell, I preferred Love Lettuce because of the smell of lavender. This cost me €8.95, not too bad at all! 8/10.

4) Jungle Solid Conditioner - I was on the fence about trying a solid conditioner, and wary when I read the reviews, but I gave it a chance anyway. When I first used it, it felt like no conditioner was going in at all, and I was afraid of over doing it and leaving my hair greasy, but the results really spoke for themselves, my hair looked SO healthy, soft and shiny, my hair smelled lovely and fresh, I was really happy with the results. However, it was difficult to use a solid conditioner, I ended up having to break it down with hot water and making it into a paste, which made it alot easier to use. This cost €3.95, I give it a 7/10.

5) Bubblegum Lip Scrub - A gorgeous vegan lip scrub, I love it so much I use it everyday! The castor sugar in it gently exfoliates the lips and removes any dead skin. I'll be really relying on it during the Winter! It tastes absolutely delicious, just like bubblegum! It left my lips soft and lipstick looked great on it afterwards, and seemed to last that bit longer. I think it's one of their best known and loved products, and I can really see why. I feel that with the main ingredients being castor sugar and jojoba oil, it could be easily made at home if you're strapped for cash, and at €6.95, it is a bit expensive for what it is. I love it though and have wanted to try it for a while. 9/10.


All and all, I was absolutely delighted with all my purchases. I would repurchase all of them again and again, especially Aqua Marina. I can safely say, it was well worth the money for what you're getting and it lasts a long time. I'm a firm believer in ''You get what you pay for'' and that's the case with Lush. I really love that most of their products are either vegan or vegetarian and that they are so against animal cruelty and they don't buy from any companies that carry out, fund or commission animal testing. I'm one really happy animal lover, and I cannot recommend Lush enough! :)
Thanks so much for reading, 
Kim :)






2 comments:

  1. I didn't really get on with Ocean Salt :(
    Loved The Sacred Truth though! Hate when I don't finish it in time.

    Haute Hobbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah The Sacred Truth is amazing, but I always buy the smallest tub so I can finish it on time :)

      Delete