Thursday, 22 August 2013

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks - Matte and Lasting Finish

Hi everyone! Today I want to talk about a product which I've wanted to talk about since I've started this blog, a very popular product, the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks, both the Matte and the Lasting Finish range. When I first came across these lipsticks, I decided to buy one because they had a great range of lovely shades, and they were cheap to experiment with. I saw other beauty bloggers rave about them, I decided to see what the hype was all about. And I have never looked back. They are my favourite product of 2013 so far. No joke, I have five of them, in shades 04 (deep purple), shade 107 (oxblood/burgundy), shade 01 (bright red) shade 110 (Coral) and shade 16 (Bright pink). 


                                                               Colour swatch 

As there are two different ranges, there are two different tubes to tell them apart, the matte range has a red tube and the lasting finish has a black tube. The main difference with these ranges in the effect, the matte range has no shine to it, but the lasting finish does. Both ranges have a lovely creamy texture. They are very long lasting lipsticks and they fade evenly aswell, not fading just in the middle and leaving the lipline in tact, which looks rather odd. I found that on nights out you would only need to top up once during the night, which is fantastic! I found that shades 110 and 16 are best used during the daytime, as they are nice and bright, and shades 01 and 04 are best for night time as they are darker, and give a great edge to any going out outfit. My absolute favourite in the whole range has to be shade 107 (Oxblood/burgundy), and I think it suits both day and night.

The difference between the Lasting finish and Matte range is the shine as shown by the deep purple shade (04)

What I really love about these lipsticks is pretty much everything! They are extremely budget friendly, when they first came out, they were €4.95, which was amazing! Now they are €6.95, which is pretty damn good. They smell amazing also, quite fruity, but not overpowering. The packaging is lovely and sleek. There is such a wide range of lipsticks in the Kate Moss range, which goes from nude colours to vampy. They are so, so pigmented, so one coat is enough to apply, and that should last you four or five hours, in my experience. The range makes sure there is something for everyone, to suit any skin tone. I think shade 110 (Coral) would suit dark or brown skin tones extremely well, and shade 107 (Oxblood) would suit more fair skinned tones, you are sure to find some one to work well for you. I think the Oxblood shade suits me best, because I am whiter than snow.
The only thing I don't really like about these lipsticks, especially the Matte range, is that they can be quite drying, but I usually counteract this by putting a moisturising balm underneath. The Matte range tends to bring up any imperfections you may have, such as dry or chapped lips, but that's nothing a little exfoliating lip scrub can't handle. 
So, to sum up, I absolutely adore these lipsticks! The main things I love has to be how long lasting they are, the extremely budget friendly price, the wide range and the amazing smell. I will continue to repurchase and repurchase. Gotta catch 'em all! ;) I give these a well deserved 10/10! :)
Thank you for reading, 
Kim :)

















2 comments:

  1. these are some of my favorite lipsticks!! i have both 107 and 01 along with a few others and they are all just perfect. i'm curious to try shade 16!

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love them all! Shade 16 is perfect for when you don't want to go too over the top with the make-up. Thank you for reading, Natalie :)

      Delete